Falken 914

rog518

Hi all,

Due to sell the zed soon and just my luck the Original Rear Bridgestone potenzas decide to perish and go flat (on the day I was due to take my Girlfriend away for her bday!!)

The original fronts were changes when I bought the car 4 years ago and have only covered 6k so are fine (Falken 912) They dont seem to make those now but want to match the best possible tyres for as cheap as possible.

I have found the 914's cheaper than the 453's (not by much but every little counts) but cant find any reviews on here from people that have them?

So which tyres for the new owner?

Cheers Rog

dont buy falkens mate, they are great at first but they dont last, plus i have had 2 blow on me on seperate occasions, and the road noise from 453s is horrendous!! :thumbdown:

have Goodyear Eagle F1s at the moment, they are amazing :thumbs:

Nothing wrong with Falken imo. Have 452's on my Zed now which are great and I know the BMW community also rate them highly.

They don't make 452's anymore though and I'm yet to try the 453's but as your selling the Zed as long as it's a good quality non budget tyre your fitting then I fail to see how it matters. :thumbs:

Nothing wrong with Falken imo. Have 452's on my Zed now which are great and I know the BMW community also rate them highly.

They don't make 452's anymore though and I'm yet to try the 453's but as your selling the Zed as long as it's a good quality non budget tyre your fitting then I fail to see how it matters. :thumbs:

Have falkens 453.No problems ,just a bit harder than my previous continentals.Noise wise is same as continentals...Falkens are midrange tyres ,if you want top range buy MPS then...

Have falkens 453.No problems ,just a bit harder than my previous continentals.Noise wise is same as continentals...Falkens are midrange tyres ,if you want top range buy MPS then...

Good to know. ;):thumbs:

Cheers guys just found some 453's for £109.19 each :D job done!

Seems like a bargain. GLWTS. ;)

Cheers mate, really dont want to sell but I only use the car at weekends and dont want it sat on the road being abused all week so has to go! :cry:

Cheers guys just found some 453's for £109.19 each :D job done!

Seems like a bargain. GLWTS. ;)

Cheers mate, really dont want to sell but I only use the car at weekends and dont want it sat on the road being abused all week so has to go! :cry:

One thing Rog before you sell the 350 I'd take off the spacers as they will add no extra value to the car when you sell it and if you sell them separately you will no doubt get at least £100 I'd have thought. :thumbs: