Lakes meet

martinmac

Martin I didn’t realise Holker Hall’s opening times were so late (open at 10.30 on a Sunday) which given time for everybody to arrive and chill for a while would not really leave time to do the full run I had suggested as I took over 4.5 hours to complete plus an extra hour for lunch ,I could look at a shorter route including kirkstone pass but not honisster but would still need to stop for lunch.

I’am open to suggestions on both route and stop for lunch.

Max.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys we need to update the list with definite's and partners.

MARTIN

max +1 defo

Digsy,

BigPhil

Andy C (possible)

xStric9x

Beavis (possible)

Kevgreen 16?

Jacko (possible)

Wilky

Chesterfied

Zzzz... + Boss (90% certain)

seanjoy'

red or zed

davej

Bulldog

MARTIN

max +1 defo

Digsy +1

BigPhil

Andy C (possible)

xStric9x

Beavis (possible)

Kevgreen 16?

Jacko (possible)

Wilky

Chesterfied

Zzzz... + Boss (90% certain)

seanjoy'

red or zed

davej

Bulldog

Bold for definites?

Martin I didn’t realise Holker Hall’s opening times were so late (open at 10.30 on a Sunday) which given time for everybody to arrive and chill for a while would not really leave time to do the full run I had suggested as I took over 4.5 hours to complete plus an extra hour for lunch ,I could look at a shorter route including kirkstone pass but not honisster but would still need to stop for lunch.

I’am open to suggestions on both route and stop for lunch.

Max.

Just doing some calculations

2h drive to meeting point

4.5h convoy drive

2h drive home=8.5h driving :scare::scare::scare:

Dont worry mate, the drive out will be a lot less, Tony has to drive back south after the meet so I think something a little shorter will do.

In the region of the Chester meet-ish I would have thought. :D

( unless we put Matt at the head and we can do it in half the time) ;)

Don't worry about my drive south, it will take as long as it takes and i don't care about that..., I want to make the most of this drive, as it may be one of the last ones with this car, before it goes on sale... :headhurt:

Aftef this I need to sort out some personal stuff and hopefully after this I can get back into a nice 07MY before the end of the year... :yahoo:

Guys, you forgot to mention ive now got 2 new tyres too so back to the car handling like a dream....

Had a quality drive out y'day out towards bala and then across to lake vyrnwy on some of the best roads possible.

Mini highlight of the journey was a scooby giving up trying to get away from me and slowing down to indicate to let me pass :boxing:

I did get a slapped wrist from the gf though so i think i'll pass on taking the lead up in the lakes :p besides id only embarras myself anyway, im really rather a talentless driver!

I'am very much in the dark now as the only Wales meets i have been to involved driving, as i did not attend the last one could some one give me an idea what you did was it a static meet with a short drive round the block or longer, as i can work routes for different time scales but would normally be around two hours or more.

max.

I'am very much in the dark now as the only Wales meets i have been to involved driving, as i did not attend the last one could some one give me an idea what you did was it a static meet with a short drive round the block or longer, as i can work routes for different time scales but would normally be around two hours or more.

max.

The one he's referring to was a meet at a pub just outside Chester and then those that wanted a drive out went for a short spin and back to the pub - 45 mins or so IIRC. I was eating my lunch... :blush:

Just a few directions to make it easy.

From J36 of the M6. Signposted Kendal. After a couple of miles take first sliproad posted Barrow. First exit at roundabout.

Continue down dual carriageway. Speed cameras just after becoming single lane, 60mph. Then becomes dual carriageway again. At first roundabout take first exit for Grange. Continue on this road. After entering 30mph zone and passing Hadwins VW on your right take first exit at mini roundabout.

Continue to Grange. Take first exit at mini roundabout just after railway station.

Beware, idiot driving warning in Grange :scare:

Through the town and up the hill, first exit at mini roundabout.

Keep on this road until you enter Allithwaite. Stay on road as you pass the Guide over Sands pub ( narrow). Keep on road bearing right at Pheasant pub. Take care as you go up this hill and round the corner, single file traffic but you have priority. Not a good line of sight though. Accelerate hard down through the single file bit ( it sounds awesome ).

Entering Flookborough. Pass the Crown then the Hope and anchor ( pubs again :p ).

Just as you pass the Hope and anchor you enter a sqaure with parking on your left. Turn right at the Chemist shop.

Follow this road into Cark in Cartmel leaving the Engine ( nother pub) on your left ( watch the next bend) and the Rose and Crown on your right. continue on this road for about 1 mile to the entrance to Holker Hall.

Sat Nav around us is designed to get tourists lost so dont bother. You can however follow the signs for Holker Hall :p

Right, home from work tomorrow then off to Spain on Friday. Will still have limited net access ( blacky) but if anyone wants anything text me.

Will sort outsatnding accom issue before I go Jacko and text you, have a plan B in place though so no sweat mate.

Hasta Luego B)

Bump...

MARTIN

max +1 defo

Digsy +1

BigPhil

Andy C (possible)

xStric9x +1

Beavis (possible)

Kevgreen 16?

Jacko (possible)

Wilky