Lakes meet

martinmac

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to unforseen circumstances I have a double room en suite available for Saturday night before the meet for £20 if anyone is interested. Local pub.

:D

now there is a chat up line if i ever heard one.....!! :teeth:

True, think I could have worded it better so....

As one of our attendees can no longer make it there is a double ensuite room available in our village pub for £20. Please note this is room only deal with anyone wishing it having to supply their own second person.

Landlord is a good friend so the rate does not reflect the accom which is fine.

That looks a little better. :headhurt:

MARTIN ;)

Max

Digsy,

BigPhil

TheMinel

Andy C (possible)

xStric9x

Beavis (possible)

Kevgreen 16?

Jacko (possible)

Wilky

Chesterfied

Zzzz... + Boss (90% certain)

seanjoy'

red or zed

This is the latest, Matt can you confirm you want the accom as discussed. I still have one more room available ( apart from Matts) so if anyone wants it can you let me know this week, if I dont cancel the landlord will only put his prices up!

Google, Rose and Crown, cark in cartmel.

;)

I am in the third person unmentioned section. I will be there. When looking at names I forgot to check mine :headhurt: Thats the trouble with working Bank holidays :p

Johnathan73 cant make it, his good lady is doing rather well in a tennis comp. Nice to know that someone who is English can still play. :thumbs:

Count me & the missus in!

gotta be best man at me mate's wedding the day before, but janice said she'd drive in the morning.

And as for hardknott pass, we did it yesterday! :scare: and i agree not in a Z!

Dave

Good stuff Dave, look forward to seeing you both. The timings and details will start nearer the time so no rush in case its a late-ish night. on Saturday.

MARTIN

Max

Digsy,

BigPhil

Andy C (possible)

xStric9x

Beavis (possible)

Kevgreen 16?

Jacko (possible)

Wilky

Chesterfied

Zzzz... + Boss (90% certain)

seanjoy'

red or zed

davej

Bulldog :thumbs:

B)

Above is the updated list. Just a reminder that the local does a very good carvery from noon till 7 pm should anyone feel the need.

Any thoughts on meeting times from you travellers. :D

Martin, how long did it take you to make the journey to Wrexham? :thumbs:

About 14 years, always planned to visit sometime though. :p

But seriously B) About an hour and a half to 2 hours, Liz drives to Chester regularily and allows 2 during the week. If it helps, we are 15 mins from the M6. Its 120 miles from Wrexham to me.

Hi Max,

Some guys will arriving much earlier than others so will get everyone down to Holker and chill out. Some staying in the area too.

Can then move off when everyone is there if you are agreeable.

Will meet Mike and team off J36 and drive them in as I will be bored by then :yawn:

:thumbs:

Sorry maybe it is just me , but i could do with a reminder of the whole activity

Date: 16th Sept 2007

Meeting Time:

Meeting Location: Address/Postcode

Pre Meet, "gathering"?

Date : 15th Sept 2007

Meeting Time: Evening ?

Meeting Location: Hopefully some nice pub with a beer tap, or two... ;)

Also is there a route planned?... I see mention of several mt. passes, etc...but no route, i think... just to get an idea of times etc...as I will be travelling back to Bedford on Sunday Night... :headhurt:

I am ready to start booking rooms for Friday/Saturday.

:yahoo:

The meet is on Sunday 16th September. Meeting up at Holker Hall which has a cafe, Motor museum and massive car park. Very nice setting too.

http://www.holker-hall.co.uk/

Some people are staying the night before, others arriving from mid morning. I will be around from about 7 pm on the Saturday.

The local pub does a carvery from 12 noon until 7pm. Its about half a mile away with good outdoor seating.

Suggest we get out fro a drive early afternoon. Max has driven a suitable route, it will be going up the A6 from M6 junction 36 to Penrith B5305 to Caldbeck along A595 back on the A66 on to the B5292 Honister pass to Keswick then A591 to Windermere and on to Kendal.

It will include http://www.kirkstonepassinn.com/

;http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/nw/nw_forecast_weather.html

For those who believe the forecast it is looking pretty good B)

For those who wish to stay, my local pub has two rooms which the landlord has kindly offered me for £20 per night. I am waiting for Matt to confirm on one, the other is free. Its a great pub but closes when the locals have had enough :D Anyone wants the second room pm me.

http://www.eeabanklodge.co.uk/ is close and a nice guest house. May have a room left.

http://www.masonsarmsstrawberrybank.co.uk/default.asp is a fantastic pub with very nice accommodation. Its about 5 miles from the meet.

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/revie ... revid=4803

For the hardy outdoor types.

If anyone is staying several miles away from the meet I am happy to pick up for a few beers at the Rose and Crown, Cark in Cartmel (LA11 7PF) on the Saturday night. Can arrange taxis back to save driving.

Should anyone having any special accom requirements ( which are legal) pm me. We have a lot of hotels up to Michelin star if needed.

My mobile number is 07932004259. I will be in Spain until the Saturday evening but have phone/blackberry with me.

Any other questions, you know where I am.

:thumbs:

Any other takers amongst the new members ;)