CUSTOMS CHARGES

janz70

I have just ordered a spoiler from Hong Kong - Its "re-engineered" as they say but my wallets a bit too light for the real one. :(

Just wondering what customs Fines, sorry charges will I be stung with when it comes over.

mm, not sure. By rights you can only bring in a value of up to £18 without being liable to be charged. Then it's hit and miss as to whether they get you. You should look on HM Customs and Excise website.

Yes I know that we dont get charged in the EU because we are in it :headhurt:

but there seems like there is no hard and fast rules - also I 've taken out insurance in case it gets damaged and the seller said that he must put the full buying price on the customs forms or if it gets damaged the shipping company will only reimburse up to whatever was declared - bit of a bummer as im getting stung for the insurance and the customs charges :scare: .wherer as if I just got it sent I wouldn't have this bother but I may have had a broken spoiler.

I've had stuff from HK before and its escaped fees but the sellers usually label it up as a gift or low price item, Not something you could do on an item that size.

Thanks NIXY - like the new signature by the way you do it your self?. I must sort one out for myself

...I'm always available my friend...always available :thumbs:

Cheers, I will have to get some pics of the cat first but still on the ocean waves but give you a call when I'm all sorted out :thumbs:

Well got my spoiler today and good news - no customs charges :thumbs:

It was labeled up as a gift and they never put a value on it ! - so I dont think it was sent insured even though I have paid extra for the insurance - they look as if they have just taken the insurance money :thumbdown: but they better not have as its got a chip out of it, so well see what happens.

I suppose it could be filled but thats why I took the insurance out. ;)