Soon to be 350z owner soon hopefully looking at an Import though

You need to bite the bullet and go and see it or just leave it til one comes up closer to you.

From experience there are quite a few zeds for sale up in your neck of the woods advertised on pistonheads and gumtree that nobody else can be arsed to go and look at because its so far away...

Forget the AA inspection. Take a mechanically minded friend with you aswell as or instead of your mrs. Will cost you peanuts if anything and will be more realistic and sympathetic to the age/mileage of the car.

If in doubt go with your gut instinct.

Well made the trip, and alls good. Genuine couple, everything checked out and car was in near perfect condition.

Engine smooth as silk and pulls like a train.

Ran the 360 miles home and never missed a beat.

Kind of nursed it on the way up, but gave it the odd blast, amazing run and managed to do the 360 miles in just under 3/4 of a tank.

So motorways driving returned god mileage.

Spec for a jap import surprising good.

Went and seen a 2004 on the way down and the only difference was the leather, the dash has a blank door with a storage compartment in it.

Where the one I got has the jap sat nav, rear reversing camera and tv screen. DVD player is built into the rear area behind the drivers seat.

Need to brush up on my Japanese for the sat nav, but the reversing camera is a bonus I think.

No brembo bakes but the nissan ones stop ok.

Kind of glad I got the auto, as the gt gear changes were heavy, also has a semi auto which your can manually change up and down.

No cruise control which could have been handy on the way up.

But a couple of stops in the glorious sunshine they had down there rested the right foot, no need for my left foot now.

Could'nt believe what I paid for it, the jap import must put people off, but so so glad I made the trip and had a nice wee night in Leicester.

Would like to get it checked over, don't suppose anyone can suggest a good place or possibly a member that works on these in Glasgow area.

Thanks to all the replies and guidance.

congrats macnore. theres a few members in the glasgow area and im out by stirling. keep an eye out on here for any meets we organise and you can come along and meet the guys and if you wanted we could have a look over the car as a few of us know our way round the zed. any problems just send us a pm or post up on here and theres always someone that can help :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just a wee note to complete this post.

Went down and bought the auto import, wow, amazing car drove the 360 miles never missed a beat.

It's going into infinity at Braehead for a service and a health check for a bit of peace of mind.

Fingers crossed alls ok,

Really like the auto, effortless to drive, and plenty of power when you need it, also found theoretically button changes the setup, makes it more responsive and changes up and gears a lot quicker.

If you get a chance to pick an auto, don't be put off, I'm really surprised I like it so much, especially after getting rid of my fiat coupe and Rx 8 last year.

Shear luck I spotted this one, suspect the jap import put people of, but this one has auto folding mirrors, rear reversing camera.

Does'nt have leather, but a nice charcoal grey with a deep red back ground colour, strange but nice.

Body works, paint and interior is immaculate, so it's been well looked after.

Thanks again for all replies and advice.