HELP PLEASE eibach wheel spacer fitting issue

montyP

Hi Guys,

Just pulled one of my front wheels off to try and fit my eibach 20mm front spacers and new 370z wheels.

The issue is the Eibach spacer obviously has 5 holes for the original wheel studs to pass through, but i have another "something" protruding from my wheel hub, its not a stud, its like a small welded on cylinder that had a bolt going into the top of it??

I dont know what purposes it serves, i saw it when i changed my discs but didn't think much of it, but now its in the damn way!

How did everyone on here manage to fit their eibach spacers?

Any help much appreciated, Zed is sitting outside on jacks as we speak

Just remove it, it's there to stop people putting the rears wheels on the front etc

As the front and rear are different size wheels

Never been convinced about that reason as I found the 370 rear wheels fit fine on the front (I've tested in the event of an emergency)

What it was useful for though was taking the disc off the hub - just remove the sleeve and then screw in the bolt that will separate the disc from the hub ;)

Otherwise, removing it completely is no issue.

• Like 1

Just remove it, it's there to stop people putting the rears wheels on the front etc

Never been convinced about that reason as I found the 370 rear wheels fit fine on the front (I've tested in the event of an emergency)

What it was useful for though was taking the disc off the hub - just remove the sleeve and then screw in the bolt that will separate the disc from the hub ;)

Just what I read Colin and I cant think of any other reason, you did try the wheel without your spacer and with the stud in ?

off 370z.com "I began with removing the front wheel, and then removing the "idiot bolt" on the rotor that prevents you from mounting the rear wheel to the front of the car. I forgot to take pictures of the removal of the caliper, but the DIY on this forum is great."

"It just unscrews. It's there so u don't accidentally put a rear wheel on the front."

"That bolt is not needed. It is there to prevent some unknowing person from putting the back wheelsicon1.png on the front."

agree it can help to remove the disc but why would the rear not have one if that was it's purpose ?

It's attached to the disk, if you change the disks then you put it there :lol:

Oh my, i think i have been on the stupid pill's. You sir are indeed correct, i do remember taking the nut/sleeve off and fitting it to my new discs. In my defence that was a long time ago! (2 weeks) :wacko:

Wheels are fitted and looking tidy, chuffed.

• Like 1

It's attached to the disk, if you change the disks then you put it there :lol:

Oh my, i think i have been on the stupid pill's. You sir are indeed correct, i do remember taking the nut/sleeve off and fitting it to my new discs. In my defence that was a long time ago! (2 weeks) :wacko:

Wheels are fitted and looking tidy, chuffed.

:lol: much more aggressive look with spacers :thumbs:

Just what I read Colin and I cant think of any other reason, you did try the wheel without your spacer and with the stud in ?

off 370z.com "I began with removing the front wheel, and then removing the "idiot bolt" on the rotor that prevents you from mounting the rear wheel to the front of the car. I forgot to take pictures of the removal of the caliper, but the DIY on this forum is great."

"It just unscrews. It's there so u don't accidentally put a rear wheel on the front."

"That bolt is not needed. It is there to prevent some unknowing person from putting the back wheelsicon1.png on the front."

agree it can help to remove the disc but why would the rear not have one if that was it's purpose ?

Not sure if the US 350/370 specs may be something to do with it noting the US forum you link to, but in answer to your query GUNs was driven around on a parking area on full locks trying a rear wheel bolted direct to the hub to make sure there would be no rubbing etc in the event it were used. See reasoning for using a rear wheel on the front here: http://www.350z-uk.c...ge__hl__spacers

Not sure if the US 350/370 specs may be something to do with it noting the US forum you link to, but in answer to your query GUNs was driven around on a parking area on full locks trying a rear wheel bolted direct to the hub to make sure there would be no rubbing etc in the event it were used. See reasoning for using a rear wheel on the front here: http://www.350z-uk.c...ge__hl__spacers

It was due to that thread I bought a 350z space saver :thumbs: