Another oil query.

N4eay

Hi Guys, sorry if this has been covered else where couldn't find it.

Just had the oil changed in my 350 HR, took It to Horsham Developments in Newbury as they have received good recommendations on here. When booking the car in I did request that they use motul fully synthetic 5w 30. After they had drained all the oil they said they had run out of that and would use the standard Nissan oil as recommended in the hand book. I guess my question is has anyone used the Nissan oil, any problems with it etc as I understand it is a Mineral oil.

Many thanks

IF they used the oil as per the hand book it won't be mineral. Best you can do is ask them what they used, as you should have really done before they put it in the car... Hopefully they used the correct grade, but a lot of places use generic crap these days! :(

If it's as recommended in the nissan book it will be ok don't think any trader on here would put crap oil in as it would cos a load off bad feed back and they don't want that. So don't worry about it :-) but if u had asked for it they should off rang u and asked if it was ok to put it in as u requested the motul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys the oil is the correct grade, 5w - 30, it just didn't say on the bottle if it was synthetic or not, here's the link to their site

http://www.h-dev.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=25743

There's loads of stuff on the web about nissan oil being mineral but and recommending mineral etc.

The guys at Horsham development seem to know what there doing and as said have recieved lots of prase on here. Just wanted to through it out there.

Cheers

The oil we used is Nissan branded 5/30 which is 100% the correct oil - it meets the API SM standard which is required. I'm also 99% sure its fully synthetic - I don't think you can meet the API SM standard with mineral or semi oil.

Spec from the service manual:

oil2.jpg

oil1.jpg

Edited by Jez