Help with Triple monitor setup on PC

jumping350

The two PCI-Express ports are highlighted in red above.

It sounds to me like you either need 1 new card that can support more than two monitors (I didn't think this could be done but Grundy thinks they can). This card can be Nvidia or ATI.

or

You fit two cheap ATI cards in Crossfire mode.

I doubt the sound card is PCI-Express, most likely normal PCI.

EDIT - Yes the white ones are regular PCI slots.

Edited by :RedZed:

mines 450w i believe which would probably mean one thing after another with this one lol

below is what i mean if i could find a card with a display port and 2 other outputs then would just need the adapter mentioned above

skip to 3.35

i thought this would bit would be easy and building the pc would be the hard bit :lol:

Yeah, you still need a dedicated output for each monitor and you graphics drivers need to support it.

Hence why early on I asked what kind of budget you a willing to put towards this.

Generally I myself try to shoot for one maybe two generations behind cutting edge, that way I can happily play games and such for quite some time before upgrading and not suffer too much performance compromise.

Running a triple screen setup will initially cost, but should last you for a few years.

Decent mobo can be bought for little money and if triple monitor setup is your main concern, then you won't get past buying a decent gfx card.

No point on trying to do it on a tight budget, as you will end up spending more on eventual upgrades again.

yeah thats why im on here before i spend anymore money, he used a radeon 5850 card so if bought one of those and used display port is that no good?? however he runs it is fine for me i dont need some super quick nasa one, just one that allows be to play videos and games ok across full screen not fussed about being high res either so i guess as budget as it can get really...i know people like to put a price on things but i couldnt say really just one that fits in that bracket I guess however the guy in the video had done his is the cheapest method so whatever way he has done it will suit me.

Also in redzed picture of motherboard above i also have something in my black pci express slot,what is it? Can i take that out and replace with another graphics card, i have two cards (one spare from old motherboard that broke) so would be

1.nvidia gt9400 ports- dvi,hdmi,vga

2.msi rx2600xt ports- 2x dvi

so driving two monitors of nvidia and one of msi

would that work? Or not because different cards?

thanks for help so far guys much appreciated

Hmmm this is gonna get expensive, ok for a low end gamer don't worry about budget i can stretch if needed what would you suggest for it to work for...

1.current motherboard

2.or new motherboard setup

i was hoping to get by on low res this year and spend next year but looks like do it once to save hassle and more expenditure.

comp is

asus a8rmvp

4gb

1tb hard drive

win 7

450 w psu

appear to be no monitor connections on motherboard also

Budget is key, because once you plump for a new mobo, you'll need new RAM, new CPU, new GFX card, new PSU,

You'll prolly be able to salvage the HDD.

Some places do mobo bundles, and/or system builders, so you could run through a system build and see what it roughly comes to so you get an idea of potential cost.

Look at www.dabs.com / www.overclockers.co.uk / www.scan.co.uk / www.ebuyer.com