Zuby's Zed

zubairhussain123

Gosh! It's either my Tapatalk not working properly or something else going on, can't view your earlier post. Reading them with interest but no pictures! Arrrr.......

Good write up there mate. Lots of info and it will be useful for me too as I'm looking to do similar mod on mine. :thumbs:

I think I may have just fixed this, went through and put the photos back on properly! Let me know if that's done it :) It was annoying me that the photos kept getting lost after a few weeks of posting.

All good mate, I can see all the pics now :thumbs:

Also found a pretty nifty Android mod for the in-dash Nexus! Has some subtle but very useful features that really help in the car!

The biggest upside is that you can flick a virtual switch which lets you charge the tablet at 1400ma rather than the normal 500ma that a standard USB can handle. This fixes a massively annoying issue where everytime i use the satnav in the car, the tablet dies faster than it charges! I've only added this mod today, so time will tell whether it actually works or just burns my car out!

I finally managed to get Torque working over Wifi OBD2 as well, just hunting for a nice non-chav theme for it

Tablet screen shots:

10499384_10100404322631606_4524432434822465130_o.jpg

10479863_10100404322606656_1282046307739271357_o.jpg

Whats the App called that allows you to change the charge rate?

http://mehrvarz.github.io/nexus-7-usbrom/

I'd advise a lot of reading up though as it's easy to brick your device, I had to do this twice but luckily I made the install self-recoverable somehow, can't remember how! But people do talk about how to enable recovery if the install messes up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol my thoughts exactly! I'd love to have suped mine! love the whine up. once I messed up my radio installation and it used to whine up with the engine revs like a supercharger, was pretty fun for a while :teeth:

Had that thing before with the radio on an old car. It was quite funny actually. :teeth:

You just reached 100 post btw, ...whoop whoop. :lol::D

lol my thoughts exactly! I'd love to have suped mine! love the whine up. once I messed up my radio installation and it used to whine up with the engine revs like a supercharger, was pretty fun for a while :teeth:

Had that thing before with the radio on an old car. It was quite funny actually. :teeth:

You just reached 100 post btw, ...whoop whoop. :lol::D

Ah nice! Thanks for letting me know!! Will post the car :teeth:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...