Cruise control problems...

zippypooz

Found it - http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/77594-zed-written-off-wondering-what-its-worth/page__hl__written

IMO £7k is about right plus a grand for the 370 Rays if they were declared on your insurance.

Did you write it off or is someone else at fault and who is your insurer?

What happened?

Well this is another post coming, the cruise control would not turn off and the brakes would not work, I was stuck at 65 on the motorway with only a few seconds until I hit a traffic jam, I had to sort of thread the car through the cars in the outside lane and the central reservation to avoid a serious collision, thankfully the impact with the central reservation slowed the car down. The insurance conducted a investigation but couldn't find a fault with the car so they say it's my fault. Has anyone else had or know of anything like this happening?

Has the clutch pedal been adjusted? could be one of the little switches not being properly engaged so wont let you switch to CC all of the time. Its a totally electronic system so id expect CEL lights if anything was actually "wrong" with the system.

• Like 2

I've tried to engage it before and the cruise light flashes quickly and it refuses to engage. Next time I've started it it's been fine. On the thread I started at the time, resting a foot on the clutch was suggested as a potential cause (along with faulty microswitches), but it wasn't the case when I experienced it.

• Like 1