2nd Employment - zed not used!

Xmassteppes

Quick question, potentially someone else has come across this!

When on my insurance forms I'm asked about second employment I fill in my part time work (musician) that I do on top of the day job.

I don't actually use the zed at all in this second employment - whilst I'm doing that on weekends, the zed is safe and sound back in a secure car park.

I've always sided on caution and declared the job anyway, but as it adds a fair bit to the premium I thought I'd check before I renew my policy, would I be voiding my policy by not declaring this?

Cheers

Dave

The way I see it is, you don't drive to your 2nd Job, They have nothing to do with your 2nd job. So I'd not declare it if you're not going to drive it.

Problem with contacting them, is if you say this, and they still declare it and put your price up....for what reason?

On the other hand, declaring a 2nd job they could be looking at your income? and balance a price partly on that?

if you will never use the zed to get to your part time job why on earth would you rattle your insurer's cage?!

Well yeah in retrospect I wish I hadn't done that in the first place :lol:

Thanks for your replies, I think you're right I need to just contact insurers directly and see what the score is. Problem is I doubt most insurers (ok I'm generalising a bit) will advise me openly on this, and will just want my money!

Ok fair point! Just gets to me that my main job is one of the most 'secure' from an insurance perspective whereas because of what I do on my weekends I have to pay through the nose despite the car being nothing to do with it. I get that it's just how insurance works though and there's nothing really I can do - ah well once it's paid it's done and I can just get on with enjoying the car!