Car Control Day?

Pierscoe1

Hello all,

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, as it's speculative rather than an actual event, but anyway...

I'd like to do a car control day in my new Z...

Now I've had a bunch of rwd cars before, and am not opposed to a bit of, er, oppo... but the Z is a big old thing, and substantially more powerful than my previous cars, so I want to have a good play somewhere where there's plenty of space to get to know it :)

Something like this is what I have in mind:

driving-experiences-1000x295.jpg

Does anybody know of anywhere that does these sorts of days?

I know there was a Porsche one at silverstone, but in their cars etc...

Will look into the carlimits days... although I was hoping to find a wet-grip place so that I don't need to buy a spare set of wheels/tyres beforehand...

Just seen the Rockingham give you "free sessions on our wet grip facility" if you do a trackday there.... so that might be a good option?...

http://www.rockingham.co.uk/trackdays/track-days-rockingham.php

Yes, a few of us have been on the skidpan at Rockingham, search for 'dance of the zeds' for the results!

Plus rockingham happens to be a rather nice circuit for a trackday!

Oulton park have a wet drift facility you could go along to - not tried it myself but again a few people on here have taken zeds on it. very slippery surface, zero tyre wear (but your car will get filthy)

Oulton park have a wet drift facility you could go along to - not tried it myself but again a few people on here have taken zeds on it. very slippery surface, zero tyre wear (but your car will get filthy)

will have a look for hte rockingham thing...

I've done a drift day at the Oulton facility... in a 200sx with a welded diff... was lots of fun!