How can you tell if there's a problem with the LSD?

TiN TiN

Jack up the back end, and spin one wheel. If the other spins the same way, you have a LSD. If it spins the other way, you have an open diff or a broken lsd.

Or, pull up on a quiet secluded road and drop the clutch, if you leave 11's you have a fully functioning LSD, if you leave a 1 you haven't :)

• Like 1

Have been reading that it's common for LSDs to get messed up if the car's been a MOT rolling road for the handbrake test. How can you tell if it's messed up?

That's BS. The LSD should get any issues from an MOT test or multiple dyno power runs either.

The oem VLSD is a life long item. As expected it will become weaker in its locking overtime due to wear and tear and deterioration in the viscous oil but that's it.

In the unlikely event your diff has packed up for one reason or the other the described tests above will tell you if its performing or not.

If its knackered then its you chance to get a Quaife or clutch type diff and be amazed at what you were missing😎

Sorry for hijack but does any one else get tyre hop?

very annoying

Yep all OEM cars suffer with this due to mushy subframe and diff bushes primarily. Replace all the rear bushes with urethane or solid mono ball bushes and you will get rid.

Cost a lot in labour but worth it if handling and full power delivery is you main goal.

• Like 1

Sorry for hijack but does any one else get tyre hop?

very annoying

We sell the Whiteline rear diff bush kits that will improve things although they do make it stiffer for ever day road use

http://www.350z-uk.c...-for-350z-7499/

Do these fit the same as Alex describes

I guess the ones he has are whiteline as they are yellow.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/64571-350z-poly-bush-kit-for-differential/

Yes in the same way, they are exactly the same bushes just now made in black material not yellow. Whiteline also reduced the price at the end of last year :)

We have them in stock

I got some of these from Clark Motorsport because my OEM items were identified as causing the 'bump' i was getting when changing gear quickly during 'fruity' acceleration. They did the trick and there is a positive overall improvement which I find it hard to describe. General driving just feels tighter is about the best I can manage. Oddly the exhaust note sounds slightly better inside the cabin but I'm not sure how that's possible, perhaps someone can explain?

I should add, these are apparently a bitch to fit. I got mine fitted at TGM in Fleet and was told it was a horrible job. Glad I didn't attempt it on the drive!!