Newbie wants a De Cat!

Paz216

Right guys very new to the 350z and also decatting. I've never had a decat exhaust before, purely because I've never really owned a car worth doing it to! Picked up a scorpion exhaust system yesterday and fitted it, sounds nice! But I still want that more of a grunty rasp which I've heard can be achieved! My only concern is the whole management light coming on. Yes I have a friendly MOT tester, but I don't really want the light on the dashboard to be fair. I've had a read up on 02 spacers, are these actually any good? Do they really work? Will they stop any lights coming up? Or will I still have a hefty bill to foot when I want the light turned off? Any insight would be great guys! Cheers!

mines comes on with or without spacers.....i just obd2 it off and it stays off for 20 odd mile. You can buy a OBD reader of ebay for less than 20 quid.

uprev will clear it completely.

will prob refit cats next mot as around that time plan to sell on car. Will offer the decats to next owner.

The easiest way to clear the EML is to do what's called the pedal dance (ECU reset) Paz216. Won't clear the light forever but you can easily clear the light each time it comes on.

You can find out how to do it here; http://www.350z-uk.c...e-valve-resets/

Can be a bit awkward to get right as timing is critical but it does work. :thumbs:

Edited by GMballistic

• 2 weeks later...

Might be selling my motor dyne art de-cats soon still undecided will sell with O2 sensors included will let you know if I put up sale add up and they are the best de-cats for the 350z in my opinion and hard to get unless you buy new and not cheap new

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Today i have bought some decat pipes for my 350z, i have a japspeed k1 on at the moment, has anyone decatted there k1, also will there be any issues with not fitting 02 spacers to the decat pipe

Cheers

• Like 1

cheers for the quick response guys, not to fussed with the light being on, kind of use to it being a little loud now lol, quite honestly seeing all the posts about the k1 on the forum, had my k1 on a year and haven't had a single problem with it, will mostly be putting the bungs back in after the decats are on. Daveyboy11 i will be quite happy to send you a video and let you know how i get on with the decats.

Cheers

cheers for the quick response guys, not to fussed with the light being on, kind of use to it being a little loud now lol, quite honestly seeing all the posts about the k1 on the forum, had my k1 on a year and haven't had a single problem with it, will mostly be putting the bungs back in after the decats are on. Daveyboy11 i will be quite happy to send you a video and let you know how i get on with the decats.

Cheers

Yeah if you could that would be appreciated mate!