All those broken Xboxes

Jacko

It's still not fixed. I had to go away before I had a label to send it off.

I can't wait to get it fixed so I can play forza 2 again!

Yup, Forza sure is awesome. I'm level 28 and a bit now :teeth: Havent taken my U999 Zed out for a while though, having to go back and do all the crappy D/C class series to get up to a higher level so I can do 500BHP championship.

They still break - it seems to be down to crap solder, (now lead free so its more brittle).

Ive had this happen twice, both times swapped for a new one at the shop I bought it at.

There is however another issue that the breaking xbox causes, any downloaded content will not work on the replacement box if you ar offline - so for example, any arcade games purchased online from xbox market place will be unavailable unless your account is signed in to live.

An example would be if you take your xbox off line, and you have a downloaded car in your garage on Test Drive Unlimited, then the game will not work. You would have to go online, sell the car, then try playing offline.

Also, any other users accounts on the box other than the primary user, will not have access to the content full stop. So if your othr half enjoys playing an arcade game on his/her own account instead of yours, then they wont be able to. MS has been working on a fix for this for the last 18 months (apparently :dry: )

So, just something to be aware of in case you decide to take your replacement box away from a broadband connection at any point.