my reliable 350z now has other ideas.... help ideas please

CavemaN1010

HI

Not often on here but im a man in desperte need my 2005 import has been up to now very reliable but i go to start it after work and it just keeps turning over but not fireing, had the RAC man out and he could not connect to the cars computor, so i have a couple of questions

1... never noticed before but when you turn on the ignition does the cooloing fans kick in straight away as they are at the mo

2... can you normally hear the fuel pump pressurise as you turn on the ignition as the RAC man seemed to think you could

3... he sprayed easy start up the air filter and it still didnt try to start so could that mean its not fuel related

I know its probably impossible to diagnose like this but im after ideas or if i get really lucky someone may have come accross this problem before either way any help will greatly recieved

thanks

Mike

1 - no they should be temp related i.e linked to a sensor

2 - you should hear the pump prime as the ignition turns on

3 - no necessarily not fuel related, maybe not enough getting through to ignite and no fuel

possibles - fuel pump, fuel pump fuse, fuel pump relay, cam/crank position sensor, immobiliser fault that is cutting the fuel/ignition

food for thought, you need to read the codes really, sorry it's not much help :headhurt:

Edited by GIXXERUK

I thought I had an issue with my engine fan a month or so ago - it seemed to be running all the time, even on start up. After posting a question on here about it I was advised that it may have been where my AC was on as this will start the engine fan up regardless of actual engine temperature. I turned off the AC and this resolved the engine fan issue.

• Like 1

I thought I had an issue with my engine fan a month or so ago - it seemed to be running all the time, even on start up. After posting a question on here about it I was advised that it may have been where my AC was on as this will start the engine fan up regardless of actual engine temperature. I turned off the AC and this resolved the engine fan issue.

Good call nick :thumbs:

thanks for the help .. i did make sure the a/c was off and pulled the fuse for the fan next to the battery and one went off but one stayed on ...... couldnt hear the fuel pump prime so the "possibles - fuel pump, fuel pump fuse, fuel pump relay, cam/crank position sensor, immobiliser fault that is cutting the fuel/ignition" seem worth a look at and i wish i could have got the codes but the RAC mans diagostic comp would not connect with the car .......... does an import still connect to uk diagnostic units or is a different unit needed, i dont know too much about the to be honest

thanks for the help .. i did make sure the a/c was off and pulled the fuse for the fan next to the battery and one went off but one stayed on ...... couldnt hear the fuel pump prime so the "possibles - fuel pump, fuel pump fuse, fuel pump relay, cam/crank position sensor, immobiliser fault that is cutting the fuel/ignition" seem worth a look at and i wish i could have got the codes but the RAC mans diagostic comp would not connect with the car .......... does an import still connect to uk diagnostic units or is a different unit needed, i dont know too much about the to be honest

Hi mate, you need like ones that reads imports. I bought one off eBay a while ago and that worked. Where abouts u based ?

Hi mate, you need like ones that reads imports. I bought one off eBay a while ago and that worked. Where abouts u based ?

im based in hastings .... have you got a name for the one you got please and how much was it

thanks

im based in hastings .... have you got a name for the one you got please and how much was it

thanks

Got this one which cost £30:

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/331090987334?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

If you want I'm happy for you to borrow mine to read your codes, but might be more convenient for you to get one as I'm based on London.