Anyone added Berks or other HFCs to a Nismo yet

sipar69

Ross, I'm dropping a 370z off to them next week, for them to create a set for the HR/370z... :)

I'm thinking if they've not started creating them yet, the date I arranged with Abbey (21st Feb) is looking a bit unrealistic.........I think Mark is going to confirm with me this week.

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of an update: Spent a couple of hours at Abbey last Friday having the new Cobra cats fitted. Unfortunately I didn't get chance to take any pictures of them but they looked really well made. Fitting went absolutely fine - no issues with fitting or vibration etc after the fitting + the usual excellent service from Abbey.

Sound

My main reason for getting the HFCs fitted was to improve the sound of the fairly tame Nismo exhaust. I'm not looking for a really loud exhaust sound - I'm 44 and value my relationship with my neighbours so I'm not in the market for something ridiculous - but I do want the car to have a sound that matches its looks. I was hoping to avoid having to shell out for a whole new system, especially because the Nismo system is supposed to be a really good quality bit of kit and I like the way it looks. In that regard, I'd say the HFCs have only been partially successful. The exhaust definitely sounds a little deeper on cold start + there's a difference above 3-4000 RPM. However, I would not say that they've made a big enough difference to the sound to make me not still consider a different exhaust. I will probably just look to choose one that goes well with the new cats. One positive is that I could detect very little rasp from the Nismo + Cobra combination.

Power

I can't say I felt much if any difference but I probably need to spend more time with the new set up before coming to any conclusions. Since I've had less chance to drive the Nismo since we got it than I would have liked, due to the crappy weather, I'm not really familiar enough with the car to notice any subtle differences. Perhaps a remap in future will make a difference.

Overall I don't regret spending the money on this mod. Even though it's not transformed the sound of the car, I have a freer flowing system now, some improvement in sound, and paired with the right exhaust in future it should contribute to getting exactly the sound I'm looking for. :)

Edited by sipar69

Actually it does matter :) I like the car to sound good inside and outside. That's why I get my poor other half (who has no interest in exhausts at all) to start the car while I listen on the outside. She absolutely refuses to rev it though :)

I know what you mean about getting your car to sound right, only way is to hand the keys over to someone else.

Whilst in Wales last year Wasso was wondering how his exhaust sounded to others after stopping everyone in the local village in their tracks.

I put the roof down on Rosie, handed him my keys and said let me take yours for a spin and you follow so you know what it's like in its full glory.

Have to say his car was fun and he had a huge smile on his face when we got back. All he kept saying was "I love my exhaust" yarrrrrrrrrp