Stubby Guide?

Snowseph

I know this is stupid but my OEM ariel seems awfully difficult to remove... I've taken off the rubber surround by simply twisting it until it comes off but then there is gold-ish metal piece which won't unscrew by hand (I've tried and tried and tried).

I've searched for videos and guides all over but can't find one, I imagine nobody else has had this issue? lol...

Can anybody help?

Thanks,

Joe

may have rusted together. I put a bit of copper grease on the thread when I put on my stubby.

It is just a simple unscrew and no need to remove the rubber

I did unscrew it (clockwise), but the rubber came off and nothing else happened lol, I'm guessing the metal part is stuck one way or another?

Can you get any WD40 in there to loosen it a bit? That stuff is magic. What stubby did you go for? I'm looking at getting one myself.

Most likely, will see if that helps. Went for the RDX stubby which is mint. :thumbs:

Got a picture? I can't help but think something may have gone wrong?

Gonna grab a picture shortly, bare with me haha...

Edited by Snowseph
  • Like 1

So I twist the rubber bit to the left thinking that it'll unscrew the whole thing, instead the rubber part comes off and this is now what I'm left with and what I need to remove, before I can simply screw the stubby in, I assume?

image_zps945f812b.jpg