Stroker kits

sm4shk1ng

tbh the only "working" one I've heard of is the GT Motorsports one. And they've only done a couple of cars with it on, both with Forced Induction (Twin turbo kits)

Previous stroker kits have had major issues according to the info on the US boards (AEBS and antoher kit that was available for whcih i can't remember the name)

Noone in the UK afaik has even tried to fit one on a Z

No point in making our own stroker really - easily done quite honestly, as it's all a matter of math formulas, but I have no interest in offering built motor packages as there simply are too many variables involved that we can't control

We have actually badges for it as a 415z...though not sure if the owner will ever put them on or not lolol (not sure I want them on either to be hones - I prefer the stealth approach)

the picture quality stinks, but the badge was custom done in the style of the OEM one - sorry for the horrid pic though

random009ui2.jpg

Guest prescience

What would be the new compression ratio and how high could you rev the new motor?

What parts does it comprise... presumably crank, pistons, pins, rods, bearings etc

pistons, rods, crank, bearings, also doing fully built heads, ti valves/springs, big tomei cams (280 duration), larger throttle body, lots of plenum work, custom long tube headers, etc etc

Compression is 11.5:1 (we want to run it on pump gas), and as far as rpm, not really sure what it will rev to yet...we'll let our machinist advise us on that front :)

It's a long way off, but all is currently undergoing assembly...though the car is far from done (we are building it from the ground up)

Guest prescience

I am not an automotive engineer, but I don't see how you can lengthen the stroke without increasing the static compression ratio (the quoted figure). The dynamic compression figure may be effectively lower due to later intake valve closing due to higher cam lobes and you will lose low down torque due to this effect at low RPMs.

I guess its all down to matching cam lobe height, intake valve closing point and static compressionratio which is where the engine designer comes in :thumbs:

I am not an automotive engineer, but I don't see how you can lengthen the stroke without increasing the static compression ratio (the quoted figure). The dynamic compression figure may be effectively lower due to later intake valve closing due to higher cam lobes and you will lose low down torque due to this effect at low RPMs.

I guess its all down to matching cam lobe height, intake valve closing point and static compressionratio which is where the engine designer comes in :thumbs:

easy....different piston dome

Thanks for info adam.

Had a look at your site. I see you do the aps and greddy tt kits. Have you heard of the jwt kit? Is it any good or are greddy and aps what to go for. They both come up alot on my searches alot but jwt doesn't.

Ps, will your stoker kit be cheaper than the brian cower one on your site?

Guest prescience

GReddy do not fit RHD models (unless something has changed very recently) :)

The JWT TT kit is a good option but not done in the UK AFAIK, another possible route is Power Enterprise TT (Japanese) and you can speak to Envy (Kevin) about this because he was having this fitted to their car