REAR WINDSCREEN INTERIOR CLEAN ADVICE NEEDED

Mudman

Greetings all

Following the philosphy there is no such thing as a stupid question - this may be my chance to disprove it. When you look through the rear windscreen it looks as though its been raining outside, when the exterior is clean and water free - The glass has the mesh effect but I am at a loss on how the hell you clean this. Being from the land of Noob - it this stock or aftermarket ? I suspect theres been condensation at some stage which has left water marks - Any idea on solution on how to clean - Car seems pretty dry now with no damp and seems pretty strong to tear it out just to clean the glass.

I am hoping theres some kind of magic brush and cleaning agent you can use so need the combined experience of the forum to advise !

Thanks in advance

Ok so it's not standard by the sound of things I guess the best way to describe it is as mesh fitted to the glass. Had something similar before with a Citroen the holes in the mesh are smalll so its like cleaning a series of holes. Maybe a micro fibre cloth would work with a glass cleaner as a yellow soft cloth snags on the holes leaving threads - I'm away from UK but will post a pic when I get back

That sounds a bit like that fly eye stuff?

+1

Sounds like some kind of aftermarket tint.

You could always try to remove it, but be careful when you do as the unknown factor would be the kind of adhesive on the tint film and you don't want to damage your rear screen demister lines.

• Like 1

Ok so it's not standard by the sound of things I guess the best way to describe it is as mesh fitted to the glass. Had something similar before with a Citroen the holes in the mesh are smalll so its like cleaning a series of holes. Maybe a micro fibre cloth would work with a glass cleaner as a yellow soft cloth snags on the holes leaving threads - I'm away from UK but will post a pic when I get back

Try using kitchen roll with some spray on glass cleaner. Spray the cleaner onto the kitchen roll rather than the glass to minimise runs and streaks.

Thanks for this. It is indeed fly eye window tint. Spoke to a mate who said the cloth used is key so will let you know how I go. I conveniently forgot to mention I have a Nismo rear spoiler fitted so will need to replace the rear gas struts but have that in hand

Zeditus.............arrggghhhhhhh !

• 1 month later...