"Speed Cameras are not cash generating......"

Jacko

Of cause its a money making scheme, if it wasnt, people would only get points and not have to pay fines.

The fact that they say the cameras are just put up in accident black spots is rubbish, they are going up everywhere and statistically it has been found that the accidents are only growing due to the amount of cars on the road now, NOT from bad or fast driving.

Supposedly the law has just changed too so they can put Camera's anywhere they like.

For the guy to say>:

"That means about 1,745 fewer people killed or seriously injured per annum, including 100 fewer deaths."

Is total rubbish because the total people who where killed or seriously injured only went down by 1% last year and thats nowhere near 1,745 people!!

Not cameras but just as annoying.

Our local "main road" has a 60 speed limit although most people havent a clue and cruise at 40-50. There have ( according to the sign) been over 750 casualties in 5 years so it is dangerous. The latest idea is to have the "slow down" signs which flash on approach. Good idea in theory but for a tourist doing 60 to get one of these flash up in front of them causes havoc. Heavy braking and having just come off a dual carriageway, total chaos. Have tested them and you have to be down to about 35 for them not to flash. Better to lower the general speed limit for the whole road.

I love speed cameras, I've said it before and I'll say it again. They keep Traffic Police off the roads so we can all drive as we like as long as we bahave for the 50 yards in front of the camera ;)

And yes, that is meant to be sarcastic. Traffic Police have judgement and reason, a camera does not. If the Government insists on continuing on this course of action we will end up with no Traffic Police at all and the roads will be chaos.

I particularly like cameras because as a car dealer I have never been sucessfully prosecuted from a camera because none of my cars are registered to me. Cameras can't stop you by the side of the road and take your details so I have absolutely no fear of setting them off.

Happy days.

Dan: Can I borrow one of your plates? :teeth:

You might aswell, I always forget the damned things anyway :D

I go to Nissan and Motability auctions in Scotland most weeks and quite often go on the train so I can drive one back. Almost every bloody time I get settled on the train and somwhere around the lake district I realise I've forgotten the trade plates again :headhurt:

Dan: Can I borrow one of your plates? :teeth:

You might aswell, I always forget the damned things anyway :D

:yahoo:

Would have been most appreciated over the past few months in the roadworks on the M4 around Reading and their average speed cameras ;) Was tempted to take the bike for a while it took so long to get to work!