Prototype strut brace test fitted pics

Tarmac@TarmacSportz

Hmmmm..I want it back!!

It looks like it was touching the engine cover in one of the pics but, i don't think there is a bolt in the cover at that point so its actually raised slightly..

Any news on if it fits a plenum spacer yet?

I can confirm it was P.O.P. (easy) to fit. took me 10mins over my dinner at work.. If you have the standard brace the car might 'sag' a little when you take it off but i found that because it has slightly elongated holes it fits in fine.

as far as adding tension again, would i be right in thinking you could jack up the car at one side or perhaps is there a centre jacking point under the engine? Maybe put two axle stands under each side on the jacking points..

basically we need to take the weight off the front two suspension components right? then tighten it all up and drop the car back down on its wheels this should make it all tight again? just a thought, not sure if i got this right, any thoughts?

I have been running my car with no brace since i took this one off and to be honest i haven't noted much difference (but i'm no racing driver) i suppose once its fitted back on it should stop the chassis compressing further than it does just standing still which will certainly help stiffening up the front. assuming we cant 'tension' it up.

If you gave not got a strut brace on and the car is ment to have one on then it could be putting excess strain on all your car and you could even see cracks in the welds and stuff , :-) don't no about the re tensioning the brace or if fit really needs to, but some one will no on here ie tarmac :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know what your getting at but im not worried about my car falling to bits while its not fitted.. Iv already had a loooooooooong debate with everyone on here re not having one on..

I had the same view as you but dont think it should cause a big problem for a short period.

So when we expecting first batch Tarmac !? ;)

Its designed on the same basis and same material as pretty much all other aftermarket strut bars so it will be perfectly fine, the OEM strut bar doesn't particularly do much anyway so I wouldn't worry, lots of people don't even bother with any strut bar at all on the 350z, and most cars don't tend to have them, my 86 doesn't have one as standard but it does now ;)