Hi from Oz

jim

Hi all,

Visiting my daughter in Brisbane, and have yet to see a Z. She tells me she hardly sees any round here. :thumbs:

We left Glasgow on Saturday at 3:15 pm, just as the attempted bombers were at work apparently. It seems we were very lucky to get away. Just glad nobody was hurt. Sorry if this has been covered in another thread, but I haven't been able to search through 220 unread posts.

Hi all,

Visiting my daughter in Brisbane, and have yet to see a Z. She tells me she hardly sees any round here. :thumbs:

We left Glasgow on Saturday at 3:15 pm, just as the attempted bombers were at work apparently. It seems we were very lucky to get away. Just glad nobody was hurt. Sorry if this has been covered in another thread, but I haven't been able to search through 220 unread posts.

Hi Jim,

I was in Surfers Paradise in March (just south of Brisbane) and I did see a few Z's. Most were white, which I thought at the time looked decidedly dodgy !!

:thumbdown::thumbdown:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all. Just got back from Oz, with no alarms on the return trip. The Brisbane police were still holding one of the Glasgow bomb suspects when we left, and it was noticeable how airport security has been increased - queues and delays everywhere. :angry:

I was surprised at how few Zs I saw in just over three weeks in Queensland, and almost all of them were in and around Brisbane. We spent a week in Port Douglas and Cairns and did not see one throughout that time. Mind you, given the state of the roads as you go further north, it would not be a sensible choice of vehicle for most people. The most popular choices in most areas seem to be the "utes" that most people favour.

The Aussies do like their big V6s and V8s though. I did see quite a few VR6 Monaros, many of which were clearly their owners' pride and joy.

The one thing I did not see was rain - clearly all of the world's supply has been retained by the UK over the past three weeks! :thumbs:

Now to try to sift through hundreds of threads to catch up with all the gossip. It's good to be back!

Thanks Martin. Yes - we were hardly an hour back home today when the heavens opened. :snorkel:

It's a lovely evening up here at the moment, though. Might manage to play with the Z a bit before going back to work on Monday. :teeth: