OBD reader?

Stu_2424

Have one of the mid-priced blue ones in mine. At the end of the day it either functions or it doesn't. All it does it communicate the info to the torque app which does all of the "thinking" so there's no real need to splash out on an uber expensive one. As long as it does the job of relaying the info via bluetooth then you're sorted, so don't be put off by ones in the £10-£15 price mark. Probably best to look on amazon and check some of the reviews on there for the specific models

Yea if you have an android phone, you can get one first cheap, but as far as I know, you can't connect the bluetooth to iPhone, so you need a wifi one, thats why I went with the iOBD, that and I got it second hand off the forum :lol:

Does this torque app exist for iPhone, didn't see it in the App Store when I looked. The iOBD has a dedicated app which actually plots on a map your journey, plus time taken, distance, average MPG etc etc. I like it :)

Torque does all that and you can also use it as a in car camera and overlay Google maps and other car stats. I use a cheap £10 Bluetooth reader.

Torque isn't available on th iPhone.

Sweet, I guess it's just the typical iPhone thing of having to buy specific premium priced hardware.

Torque does all that and you can also use it as a in car camera and overlay Google maps and other car stats. I use a cheap £10 Bluetooth reader.

Sweet, I guess it's just the typical iPhone thing of having to buy specific premium priced hardware.

SWITCH TO ANDROID! I love my macbook still, but after having the iphone 4, even with it jailbroken, i still felt so restricted! Grab a galaxy S4 and you'll never look back! Save so much money and have so much more types of apps/features available!

SWITCH TO ANDROID! I love my macbook still, but after having the iphone 4, even with it jailbroken, i still felt so restricted! Grab a galaxy S4 and you'll never look back! Save so much money and have so much more types of apps/features available!

S4? I want a phone not a tablet! :lol: