cigarette lighter

nixy

Seems a strange place to put it - if you have an ordinary sat nav that sticks on the windscreen then you're stuffed!

Does the JDM not have one in the passenger footwell as well as the one between the seats?

UK car has one below the drinks holder in passenger side lower dash.....

Seems a strange place to put it - if you have an ordinary sat nav that sticks on the windscreen then you're stuffed!

Does the JDM not have one in the passenger footwell as well as the one between the seats?

no. looks like the jdm has just the one.....!! :thumbs:

early JDM's only had one between seats , later models are as UK spec :thumbs:

I bet the harness in the JDM has the same connector wires for the FR power socket where the UK has it... but i bet it is taped out of sight behind the centre console area. Just a bit of trim removal, rewiring and you could have yourself and exclusive power output...

but this is just a guess (Calculated guess, knowing how Nissan operate in this kind of things...)

• 1 month later...
I bet the harness in the JDM has the same connector wires for the FR power socket where the UK has it... but i bet it is taped out of sight behind the centre console area. Just a bit of trim removal, rewiring and you could have yourself and exclusive power output...

but this is just a guess (Calculated guess, knowing how Nissan operate in this kind of things...)

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I am still trying to get a power socket to work. The one behind the seats is dead and I can't find any blown fuses. Two questions -

1. Can anyone tell me how to remove the power socket behind the seats to check if it is wired properly?

2. Can anyone confirm the claim above that the JDM harness may have a connector wire behind the console?

Cheers :thumbs:

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I am still trying to get a power socket to work. The one behind the seats is dead and I can't find any blown fuses. Two questions -

1. Can anyone tell me how to remove the power socket behind the seats to check if it is wired properly?

2. Can anyone confirm the claim above that the JDM harness may have a connector wire behind the console?

Cheers :thumbs:

just pull off the trims around the rear strut bar and you will get access to the power point between the seats

In all the time I've been messing around with the dash / centre console etc I've never come across a spare wire for a power point.I took my power for the double powerpoint in my cubby from the radio (ignition sourced +ve feed ) :thumbs:

To get access to the cig lighter behind the seats is quite tricky due to overlapping pannels. You need to start with the bits around the seats and door sills, then the bits around the seat belt and B pillar. Then you have to remove the BOSE sub over and then you can pop off the whole back panel that the cig lighter is part of. No other way I know to get to it :thumbdown: