Think my battery is dying...

narcotix

Hi,

I went to stat my Zed this morning after not driving the car all weekend and the battery was completely flat.. I still had enough power for lights, radio etc but just not enough to start the car..

It happened a few months ago as well when I returned from a 2 week holiday and was unable to start the car.. Luckily today I was able to get a jump start from my dad's car but I don't want to get caught out while I'm at work etc..

I've read some of the older posts regarding replacement batteries, but was just wondering if anyone who's recently had their battery replaced had any advice on which Make/Model to get..

Also if anyone knows of any good deals currently going that would be great!

I did some searching earlier and found this: http://www.justcarbatteries.co.uk/index.php/bosch-car-batteries/bosch-blue-s4-car-batteries/bosch-blue-005-battery-s4024.html

which is the cheapest I can find this particular battery..

:thumbs:

Well my battery has definitely had it ...

I went to start it this morning and it was dead again ... and this time it was around 24 hours since I last drove it...

The battery gauge was barely above 8V when I first tried to start it... so I had to get another jump start!

I've orderd the Bosch S4024 as others reccommend it on previous threads, hopefully it should arrive the day after tomorrow!

Yes' best I found was a Bosch from Eurocar Parts, but somrone here said

they got a good deal from Nissan direct.. :thumbs:

+1

I bought new Bosch battery last week from euro car parts...they got deal which I think you save around £11 quid on RRP and then you can use battery15 code for another 15% off only available online. I ordered mine outside their store as "collect in store" and picked it up in 5mins :)

Edited by Vlad

Same deal for me just the other week, there are some options in this thread I started. Went for the Bosch in the end, it works nicely so far and something like 4 or 5 year guarantee. Good luck mate.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/79906-battery-dead-punishment-for-cheating-on-my-zed-advice-please/

You sure it's battery? It's not alternator failing to charge it?

Someone pointed out to me that if you have a short commute it may not get back to full charge before you get home, thus over and over may lead to no juice.

Edited by SuperStu

You sure it's battery? It's not alternator failing to charge it?

Someone pointed out to me that if you have a short commute it may not get back to full charge before you get home, thus over and over may lead to no juice.

I did consider the alternator could be the issue, but I'm almost positive that it's the battery...

My daily commute is about 40 mins so that should be adequate time to give it a good charge..

• Like 1

I had a Bosch and it wasn't very reliable to be honest! Sold the car now with that battery and I bet he will have to replace it soon. Only got the battery in August

Don't say that :scare:

Haha sorry mate! When it got cold it was a nightmare to start! Maybe I had a faulty one?

Well that's a relief... I was sure I picked the right battery after reading some good reviews...

I spoke to the retailer ealier and it's been dispatched so should be with me tomorrow ...

Until then I'm having to drive around with jump leads in the boot just in case ... It's not a nice way to live!

:cry: