Headlight Washer Sticking

PMX

Is this a common fault? Whenever I use the headlight washers the drivers side one sticks & has to be put back manually.

It's not a major thing, just looks a bit daft driving around with one in & one out?

Any quick fix solutions?

Weird that you mention this as mine has just done the same thing this evening. Got home and noticed the drivers headlight washer was just sticking out! never done it before and was working fine. I'm hoping it's just the cold weather making it stick but weird that it was only the drivers side that did it? :dry:

Do these need to work for mot (something to do with the xenons)? Mine work fine but I really want to disable them as I don't like having to turn off my lights to spray my windscreen!

If your car has headlight washers fitted then I believe it is an MOT failure if they're not working.

95% 100% Sure of that. :dry: Could be wrong though. :lol:

Edited by GMballistic

So hypothetically if I was to put a v2 on there, that would be an mot pass?

Nope - if the car was manufactured with headlight washers they need to be in working order - so if your MOT tester spots the headlight washer button and is feeling pernickety it will fail!

So hypothetically if I was to put a v2 on there, that would be an mot pass?

Nope - if the car was manufactured with headlight washers they need to be in working order - so if your MOT tester spots the headlight washer button and is feeling pernickety it will fail!

Awesome, the button's easily removed ;)

So what about wiper delete? Mot centre said this year that there is no requirement for a rear wiper. What's the difference between that and the headlight washers?

The rear wiper is not part of the MOT - the 'new' rules simply state that if headlight washers are fitted as standard they must be operational.

Thought so. :)

Should edit my post now to say 100% positive but darn it if it doesn't let everyone know that you've edited your post. :angry::lol:

The rear wiper is not part of the MOT - the 'new' rules simply state that if headlight washers are fitted as standard they must be operational.

Should edit my post now to say 100% positive but darn it if it doesn't let everyone know that you've edited your post. :angry::lol:

Spelling mistake :teeth:

Spelling mistake :teeth:

:lol: Fixed now. ;)