BIG thanks to Adam @ Z1 for suppling my new wheels *PICS*

P15UL T

I would seriously consider 255's on the fronts. I went 245's on 9 inch rims and they were really stretched. Also a smaller rolling radius than standard and a very small tyre wall so you feel more of the road. I've seen 255's on 9.5 inch rims when I was in CA and they look spot on.

I would seriously consider 255's on the fronts. I went 245's on 9 inch rims and they were really stretched. Also a smaller rolling radius than standard and a very small tyre wall so you feel more of the road. I've seen 255's on 9.5 inch rims when I was in CA and they look spot on.

Given that these are 9.5, a 245 would be quite stretched...not the best when it comes to comfort coupled with performance at all.

The Toyo's we supplied (T1R) are not the widest running tire on the planet, so the 265 works great on the 9.5 inch wheels - we fit them all the time here. As some might say...255 is ok, 265 is more better :)

I am running the same exact combo of tire size (265/30 front 285/30 rear) on my own car, 9's up front 10's out back

but why do you recommend 30 profile height?

this would give % differences from OEM specs which are all (front and rears) over -2.5%???

surely 35 is much closer to the original figures

a 265x30x19 would give a difference of -2.73% vs std ratio and 285x30x19 would give an enormous -3.54% vs std!

PS my 245/275 combo on 18x9 and 18x10 wheels fit just fine

but why do you recommend 30 profile height?

this would give % differences from OEM specs which are all (front and rears) over -2.5%???

surely 35 is much closer to the original figures

a 265x30x19 would give a difference of -2.73% vs std ratio and 285x30x19 would give an enormous -3.54% vs std!

PS my 245/275 combo on 18x9 and 18x10 wheels fit just fine

you just love to argue don't you :)

First, you cant say what % different is in from stock, as there is no one stock setup. Z's have come from the factory with 17, 18, 19, and a variety of rolling diameter and stagger front to back based on model.

For example, my Z came fitted with 235/50/17 tires on the rear as std. And now I have 285/30/19 - difference in rolling diameter of 1.7 inches. If had a 35 series, the difference would be 1.9 inches.....

Compare my front to the new 2007 GT model, which runs a 245/40/18 up front and a 265/35/19 out back. My setup has a difference of 1.4 inches rolling diameter up front (1.79%) and 1.3 inches out back (2.17%).

See that's the thing..it's not a solid concept of "ideal" - it's a range of specs that works and what Nissan considers ideal is always changing. The most important thing is keeping the ratio of front to rear within a given % difference of one another.

Up front, yes a 255/35 series would be a slightly more "ideal" size spec wise, but having done it to customer cars, I wanted to enjoy maximum tire grip up front. Also, the front has no bearing on the miles that the car accumulates, or the speedometer "error"...it's all about grip. So, I chose the 265 as it maximized grip. It also looks fantastic with the 285 out back :)

Again, I am not saying a 245 on a 9 inch wheel does not work...of course it works, and works well. It's just a very conservative setup, that is all. That's not to say a 265 is aggressive on a 9.5 inch wheel - it's not at all (in fact if you look at the Toyo spec sheet, a 9.5 inch wheel is smack dab in the middle of what they recommend for a 265/30/19). But again, these are not 9 inch wheels on Paul's car up front, they are 9.5 and in my experience, a 245/35 T1R does not look, or feel "proper" on a 19x9.5 inch wheel IMHO. It creates a stretched situation, which can lead to increased propensity to blow out, increased road harshness, decreased sidewall height. What I am saying is this ALSO works...has works very very well in fact, without any inherent drawbacks. I would not have chosen it for myself, let alone my customers, if there were any issues with doing it.

There is no "right" or "wrong" with these setups - there is a range that works and a range that does not. On a 9.5 inch wheel, such as Paul has, that range, as far as what we use here and recommend, is from a 255 to a 285 generally speaking. For Paul, we went with a bit bigger rear tire, since the rear offset he has is a bit conservative (+32 as I recall), so to fill the arch a bit better on the green machine, we chose the 285/30, which is a very nice, substantial looking tire. However, as mentioned, that range is tied closely to the specific tire in question. The specific size that gets done is all about the specific tire...not about the # on the sidewall, which is a completely meaningless figure. I am in a unique position in that rather than guess as to what "could" happen, I get to try things out first hand and see what does happen. As a result, I've netted myself a car that is daily driven (in non winter months!), passes my test for being liveable day to day, yet is completely trackable (quite well too...lapping within .5 seconds on average, the speed our E36 race car does at our "home" roadcourse)...and you should see my road race tire setup (think NISMO RS Concept specs - talk about our of spec with the factory setup...but wonder why they do it then?) :)

jeeeesss Adam im glad someone know what there talking about cause i dont have a clue :thumbs:

im sooo wanting them on the car

Oh did i mention that my car has been chosen to attend the main scottish car show as one of the top 50 - cool eh !!!

:teeth: