Handbrake light, ESP Off AND Skid light all on in my car!?

ostego

Started it up, and the ESP light stayed on, along with the other yellow light that looks like a car skidding across a road

Then 1 minute in to driving... the handbrake light pops on, and has stayed there for the 10 minute drive.

What do all of these mean!? I looked at a few other threads... some mentioned brake fluid levels... mine are slap bang in the middle between min and max.

Had a P3 service done by H dev 2 weeks ago.

They mentioned 2 things relating to the brakes : the inner brake nipples are seized, and my pads are at 27.9mm, when they should be 28.4mm

Don't know if that is of any help in diagnosing it.... but seems to be an awful lot of warning lights just to randomly pop up to warn you that your brake pads may be a bit under the limit.....

Check your ECU for error codes (there is a guide in the Guides section on how to read the indicator flashes)

What is the voltage of your battery. Zeds are known to do some crazy things regarding warning lights if the battery is on it's way out. Put a meter across it, ignore the gauge on the dash as it's useless.

I have the torque pro app and bluetooth connector, so could i check the ECU with that diagnostics? the voltage is up at around 7/8 full from the gauge so couldnt imagine it would be that far off!

Please reread what I said about the gauge being useless. I mean it, it's crap.

Stick a meter across the battery, if nothing else it will rule it out if the battery is fine.

I have the torque pro app and bluetooth connector, so could i check the ECU with that diagnostics? the voltage is up at around 7/8 full from the gauge so couldnt imagine it would be that far off!

Please reread what I said about the gauge being useless. I mean it, it's crap.

Stick a meter across the battery, if nothing else it will rule it out if the battery is fine.

Don't have any way of checking the battery at the moment, don't have the tools with me. Have had no issues with starting it up in the morning or any battery related indications so think the battery is fine

It seems they are very sensitive to brake fluid levels, get it topped up so its on max and see if that solves it, it usually does.

Yargh.... Halfords closes at 6 on a saturday!

What type of fluid does the 350 use?

Hmm, says dot3 on the cap, seems dot 3 and 4 are fine to mix even though the manual says not to, so will go to halfords and top it up with some dot 3 and pray that that fixes the problem! This car is already costing me 4 figures in repairs so far and have only had it just over a month! I cant afford any more big issues

Wow... it worked! Lights went off instantly, wasnt expecting that the way my luck has been going recently!

And the adaptor ive got is this one www.amazon.co.uk/Supper-Bluetooth-Compatible-Android-Support/dp/B009NPAORC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390127298&sr=8-1&keywords=bluetooth+obd2

Becaust ive got decats it is pretty important for clearing the fault codes that pop up now and then due to the o2 sensors!

Good news, glad it was nice and simple for you.

This forum is good isn't it?

Got to admit this forum has helped me out a lot since owning my zed and has saved me a lot of hassle and money so far!

5 stars! I'm a convert! Hopefully once i get more clued up about these cars i can be the one answering the questions rather than asking them!

Just realised this only works with Android. We've only got Iphones / Ipads so need to find the IOS equivalent.

And the adaptor ive got is this one www.amazon.co.uk/Supper-Bluetooth-Compatible-Android-Support/dp/B009NPAORC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390127298&sr=8-1&keywords=bluetooth+obd2

Just realised this only works with Android. We've only got Iphones / Ipads so need to find the IOS equivalent.

ooh, i thought they'd work for all phones! I guess IOS is more restrictive than android so there may be some issues there! Am sure there will be one out there for you! It is a handy piece of kit to have just for the peace of mind that you can get into your car's brain per-se and see what is going on with it! Even though it failed to prevail on this issue... there's always the good people of the forum to fall back on though when your OBD adaptor can't help ;)

• 6 months later...