Need advice - springs/coilovers

Daveyboy11

Hi guys,

I would like to lower my 350z and have decided I only want a small drop, I am thinking of getting Teins springs as they drop the car as low as I would like. However I am also toying with the idea of coilovers as I know they are better but the thing is I don't track my car a lot but I am taking it to the Nurburgring this year, will the Teins be OK for this and what is the ride like on them?? I don't really want it to be too stiff, I had Eibachs on my Fiesta ST which were brilliant on the track but daily driving they were abit too stiff.

All opinions welcome!

Thanks

Dave

Iv just fit some Elbachs pros to my Z dropped it about 30mm but think I will need some camber adjustment parts for about £180 so plus that in to the cost off the springs as well , the teins San be dropped with out any extra parts just the cost to check the wheel alinment after they are fit :-) I'm like you I don't track the car so just went for the springs and then my be later on coilovers but I like the car low :-)

Iv just fit some Elbachs pros to my Z dropped it about 30mm but think I will need some camber adjustment parts for about £180 so plus that in to the cost off the springs as well , the teins San be dropped with out any extra parts just the cost to check the wheel alinment after they are fit :-) I'm like you I don't track the car so just went for the springs and then my be later on coilovers but I like the car low :-)

Yeah I looked at the Eibachs too but although they look awesome that low I wouldn't be able to drive anywhere around where I live without scraping the hell out of the car lol so that's why I thought about the Tein springs. If they will stand up to the job of occasional track days then I will go with them but if not I'm gonna get coilovers.

What tyres sizes you running Briggsy?

I'm pretty sure the Eibach will be fine with speed bumps if thats what you're worrying about, Davey. I have mine lowered with 30mm K-sports which I'm certain are more like 40mm springs and I can still get over monster speed bumps. You just have to take your time and go slowly over them.

As Briggsy has said if you go for the Eibach springs you will need camber correction so if you don't want the expense then the Teins would be the way to go but the alignment will still need done once you fit either.

We stock both options,

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/78817-tein-s-tech-springs-in-stock-for-350z-17350-delivered/

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/78673-eibach-pro-spring-kit-350z-23750/

I'm pretty sure the Eibach will be fine with speed bumps if thats what you're worrying about, Davey. I have mine lowered with 30mm K-sports which I'm certain are more like 40mm springs and I can still get over monster speed bumps. You just have to take your time and go slowly over them.

I'm running 245/30/20 front and 275/30/20 at the rear mate nit test driven it yet it's still sorned till end off the month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm running 245/30/20 front and 275/30/20 at the rear mate nit test driven it yet it's still sorned till end off the month

Then you're actually running smaller rubber that OEM, not bigger to raise the car up. Your diameter of your wheels is 5mm smaller so the car is actually 2.5mm closer to the ground than someone on 18's. Big rims don't mean big wheels ;)

Then you're actually running smaller rubber that OEM, not bigger to raise the car up. Your diameter of your wheels is 5mm smaller so the car is actually 2.5mm closer to the ground than someone on 18's. Big rims don't mean big wheels ;)

thanks ha iv never worked it out like that :-) so my cars 32.5mm lower than stock now !! Every mm helps lol. Car was running 40 profile when I got it on the stock 18rays :-)

Slightly stiffer than OEM, still very comfortable. They will be fine for track use, I have Tein springs, Eibach ARBs and Whiteline drop links which are great together, however I had the springs on on their own for a weekend and the car felt a lot more improved in cornering. The drop is perfect for me, not too much that I can't get over speed bumps easily and doesn't require new camber arms etc. I struggled on OEM springs with the odd speed bump round here, but wanted uprated springs etc for fast road and the odd track day and Teins have the best balance for this IMO.

There's a pic in my build thread of the drop if you are wondering what it looks like.

Edited by Jp606
  • Like 1

Slightly stiffer than OEM, still very comfortable. They will be fine for track use, I have Tein springs, Eibach ARBs and Whiteline drop links which are great together, however I had the springs on on their own for a weekend and the car felt a lot more improved in cornering. The drop is perfect for me, not too much that I can't get over speed bumps easily and doesn't require new camber arms etc. I struggled on OEM springs with the odd speed bump round here, but wanted uprated springs etc for fast road and the odd track day and Teins have the best balance for this IMO.

There's a pic in my build thread of the drop if you are wondering what it looks like.

Sounds good to me, I'll take a look!