Z TO Scirocco R

BLINDS122000

What i would like is another car that would be cheaper to run than the Zed

but still have the same amount of performance or more and possibly be

an auto (DSG / Stronic) so my girlfriend can drive it.

How about a BMW 123d coupe. Thats what I went for in the end. I wanted something which would be as fun, nearly as quick and handle as well as my old 2007 HR Zed. I briefly considered the Scirocco etc, but in the end after reading the reviews on the 123d coupe, for me it flew to the top of my list. I find it handles better than my zed did, 0-60 is a whisker slower - i think the HR zed was something like 5.8 and the 123d is a fraction over 6 seconds, but the 123d has more torque than the HR zed, so over taking & in gear perfomance can be quite supprising. That coupled with im getting nearly 50mpg compared to 24mpg I got from the zed means running costs are a lot lower.

Sure, its a diesel and some people are funny about that - completely different experience to drive. I find that you dont realise just how quick it is until you actually have a bit of fun against a petrol car which you`d have assumed would be quicker.

Only downer from my perspective was the cost, the 123d coupe`s arnt cheap, but you can get the hatchback version quicker.

If diesel just isnt an option, then how about the M135i ? They are absolutely astounding value for money and very quick cars.

I thought the quote was "TTRS remapped is bordering on GT-R fast", just making the point that a TTRS remapped can be almost as quick as a GT-R?

Yep, exactly as I read it and I have to say I was surprised, thanks to Ekona for educating me on something this morning. Also agree with stew, the 123d is an awesome car and the M135i a very quick one, I cant see that a Scirocco would come close to either :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...