Manchester toll tax: sign petition against it, now!

Removed

I live in London so sod you lot if I have to pay congestion everyday you lot can pay something to in Manchester. Its the least you lot can do since we got stung on tax down here to fund the olympics :rant:

Just kidding ;)

I signed it doubt if it would do any good, the last petition on road tax increase was signed up, they had more than enough votes against it yet they still went ahead with it. They really dont care how many votes there are they will still go ahead with it :thumbdown:

Why not just get rid of all these bloody tolls and have one tax on cars.

They could call it road tax......

Oh .... :surrender:

For cars that use more fuel, the owners would pay more tax...

Err!...

All right, higher tax for bigger cars.

AHHHHH.

Just take my wages and have done with it :rant::rant::rant:

Whats the idea behind this then ? What do they think will happen to the economy if people stop going into the City centres ?

It must take a particularly dense and extremely short sighted individual to come up with a plan like this.

Not that it affects me in the slightest. I've been to London once in my life, I've been to Manchester a couple of times but I'm definitely a country boy. I avoid city centres like the plague but I can see what a stupid idea it is, especially to the poor souls who work there and are therefore going to have to pay this charge to get to work...

Recently the government told our local council that in order to pay for road maintenance in the area they could install a toll on any road under their control. This was to make visitors pay for the damage to the roads due to the high volume of tourist traffic. This would have hammered an already damaged tourist industry. A journalist friend of mine noticed that a very short stretch of the M6 ran through the dsignated area. He suggested this would be a good point to start.

Government changed their minds.

Oh, and signed.

Signed and circulated.

Lets suppose that its gets implemented, which I'm sure it will :angry: anybody know how it would impact on, for example, me living in the centre?

looks like you might not be affected as it's going IN the city centre from 7-9.30 am and OUT of it from 4pm-6.30pm

looks like you might not be affected as it's going IN the city centre from 7-9.30 am and OUT of it from 4pm-6.30pm

So it looks as though its specifically targetting people who work in the City centre and commute at those times ! Why would they do that ?

the idea is to try and reduce congestion.... problem is, the scenario that is likely to happen is:

1- they get the 3bn £ from the central government

2- they install the road charging systems

3- they never improve the public transport, which they promise in their manifest

4- they bag the LOT of money left over.

5- they get extra money from us motorists.

bastards :dry:

If it was really to reduce congestion, they should charge up to 9am and on the evening end by 5. The amount of traffic is far less when the schools are off so by altering the times this would charge the thousand of school runs or force parents to use school buses which are supposed to be provided by the scheme and reduce the traffic to more like the levels when the schools are off.

Also the tram peak time charge should end at 9am rather than the 9.30. Give people a incentive to use public transport and leave their cars behind.

Hi Folks

Thanks for posting the petition thread, its much appreciated. Could I also ask you to forward the request on to any contacts you may have.

My apologies for posting this on my first post but I was actually looking for info on Z's.

Its not a Z but here's my pride and Joy

1sideangleyes2tp2.jpg[/img]

Hi Folks

Thanks for posting the petition thread, its much appreciated. Could I also ask you to forward the request on to any contacts you may have.

My apologies for posting this on my first post but I was actually looking for info on Z's.

Its not a Z but here's my pride and Joy

1sideangleyes2tp2.jpg[/img]

Welcome, mate! Nice GTR! :thumbs: