I've remembered some more questions

nixy

Folding mirrors - I can do them from inside with a switch but I'm sure someone said they fold on locking? However, I am locking my car with the new alarm fob that's been fitted and not with the key fob, is this why? Not an issue really, just wondered. The alarm is something I haven't quite got used to yet, I have to poke a little stick into a hole if I don't put the key in and turn it straight away and I'm paranoid the alarm is going to go off all the time!

IIRC from reading so many threads, folding mirrors are an option on JDM cars, are you sure yours has this option?

If so i am sure someone far more knowledgable will soon be along to tell you how. I just wish mine did this on my UK car, but getting into the habit of pushing the button as i get out

Right you lot, I've got another, my car has an aftermarket sony dvd/satnav/tv head unit installed above the single slot CD head unit. This is nothing to do with the cubby hole where the sat nav usually goes, that is totally empty. There is a strange array of arials around the back window presumably for the T.V which does actually receive a very fuzzy BBC1. The satnav map is obviously of Japan but I did think the DVD player may work as the region code in Japan is the same as here. I have tried just putting a dvd in to see what happens but I just get a blank screen although everything does appear to be in working order. Problem is I am blindly pressing buttons as they are all Japanese on the remote - do we have any japanese speaking ICE installers on here or is tha a long shot........................

The alarm is something I haven't quite got used to yet, I have to poke a little stick into a hole if I don't put the key in and turn it straight away and I'm paranoid the alarm is going to go off all the time!

sounds like the immoboliser. Inserting the 'little stick' deactivates the immboliser so you can start the car.

Correct its NTSC. DVD Player & screen. So you can convert DVD player to multi region or bung in an NTSC region dvd. Any auxilary device that you want to plug in e.g TV module must be compatible with NTSC not just PAL e.g playstation in this counrty is PAL, IIRC Jap playsations are NTSC. Saying that you can get PAL to NTSC convertor patches.

it's a bit wierd isn't it that we have region 2 and usa have region 1 and Japan has region 2 but with the same screen capability as region 1 usa? If they were same as USA I could just use region 1 DVD's - I think? My problem is that I'm totally useless when it comes to anything to do with I.C.E and wouldn't even know where to start to take it out. I will have to get some assistance!

This just gets better and better :headhurt:

Imports do my head in sometimes.. need so many changes

Nixy..might be best just to invest in a car computer.. with touch screen and windows xp, then u can add anything u like, mp3's, email, sat nav programs etc.. think theyre about £600+ (pls anyone correct me if im wrong) but i think its well worth it.

Have a look at this posting:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8381

Very - if you know how :p

If you take it to Halfrauds, one of there spotty engineers should be able to do it no probs. Or any back street radio place.

EXCUSE me ... spotty sales assistants with some electrical knowledge...or perhaps a spotty technician if you are lucky...

not spotty engineers... ;)