Reversing camera fitted to my 370Z. All done for £80

mike89

I fitted a reversing camera to my connect premium system today, took around 3 hours to complete. I planned to take pictures and put up a guide but the weather wasn't particularly great.

I got my camera from eBay user: stephenhong2009. It was only £20 (you may need to contact him for one as I believe he can't advertise them for sale anymore due to copyright issues). It slots exactly into the space where the reg plate light is. The bulb comes comes out and again, slots perfectly into the space provided on the camera. The camera itself peaks down and is almost invisible. I got the wiring loom from a guy who's good with electronics for only £60. It does the exact same thing as the expensive one from the USA.

Stripping down the boot and the dash is the most time consuming bit. I would advise taking your time with this as I got a bit frustrated with the weather and I managed to crack a part of the plastic in the boot not realising another clip had to be detached.

For carrying out the job I'd say all you need is:

2 x small flat screwdrivers

1 x medium sized Philips screwdriver

1 x wire cutters

Bag of cable ties

A snake (I used cat5 cable to feed through the cabling).

Very happy with how clear the camera is. I'll put up a pic of day and night view tomorrow along with how it actually looks on the car. Any questions about this I'm happy to help out!

Edited by mike89

I got the kenwood cmos 210, more expensive but no complaints, excellent in the day and night

I still havent managed to get the angle where I want it and the lines on the ground properly, used the settings off the usa site

I enabled the camera in the hidden settings on display. The camera is compatible with the lines set on the system as default so I had nothing to set up it took 30 seconds to enable it. It's the exact same lines as the ones that were in the Infiniti G37 courtesy car I had. The camera is just as good in quality also.

I got the kenwood cmos 210, more expensive but no complaints, excellent in the day and night

I still havent managed to get the angle where I want it and the lines on the ground properly, used the settings off the usa site

I enabled the camera in the hidden settings on display. The camera is compatible with the lines set on the system as default so I had nothing to set up it took 30 seconds to enable it. It's the exact same lines as the ones that were in the Infiniti G37 courtesy car I had. The camera is just as good in quality also.

is it actually set up ? do the lines curve to show you the direction of travel when you are altering the steering ? cheers Paul

pics in this thread as its difficult to explain.. http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/69820-some-new-modsreversing-camera-and-kick-plates/

Edited by GIXXERUK

is it actually set up ? do the lines curve to show you the direction of travel when you are altering the steering ? cheers Paul

pics in this thread as its difficult to explain.. http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/69820-some-new-modsreversing-camera-and-kick-plates/

I set it up with the figures from the US guide. It worked nicely but the camera came with those guidelines so I've turned them off and using those ones at the moment. It looked stupid with both on. They still do the job though, just don't move with the steering!

I've contacted the eBay user and asked to swap for the one without the lines, until it's replaced I'm pretty chuffed with these in the meantime.

nice one B) and a bargain :teeth:

Certainly is, for £20 I'm happy with it! The picture quality is more than good enough. I saw pics of the Kenwood one and I see what you mean it definitely has a wider view though. It's the ease of fitting that made me want this one tho. It's made for the space the reg light comes out of and then the bulb holder twists perfect into the slot that's on on camera for it.

• 11 months later...