Rear Window Wiper Delete Guide

ddcboyle

Thought id post a quick and simple, how to remove the rear wiper guide. For Those who haven't done it before or are car modification simpletons like myself.

It excludes the wiper washer jet removal, but will add this in time.

Apologies for the half green half silver car. I removed the wiper whilst wrapping, and this guide was taken half way through me removing the wrap on the zed.

Skill Level: 3 (Follow the instructions and it will be okay.The only thing you can damage are clips. If you make a mistake, £3 will fix it)

Skill Level is 1-10, 1 being a simple job. 10 being professional job.

Initial step : Remove the plastic trim from underneath the boot. The easiest way i have found (without the tool) is to just put my fingers around the sides and pull back. The clips can break, they are replaceable. If you do not want to risk breaking the clips, pop along to halfrauds and grab a clip extraction tool device implement. .

Step One: Locate the rear wiper blade

IMG_20140105_154823_zpsb3a796a1.jpg

Step Two: Where my finger is pointed, this is the part we want to get off first. You can either thumb and index finger and twist, or you can simple just use both thumbs and lift either side away and pull up. The part you want to be removing is the lower plastic cover as seen in photo 3. And you want to lift it off from the area my finger is pointing to

IMG_20140105_154840_zps9096f0a4.jpg

Step Three: Once removed, place it to the side, you will see a nut holding the actual rear wiper into place. This is a 12mm nut. Simply remove this, and again place to one side. This may be stiff, but it will come out. Lefty loosey

IMG_20140105_154923_zps21e88fe3.jpg

Step Four: Just a close up of the nut and spanner, incase your just looking at photos. 12mm.

IMG_20140105_155005_zps1a6ecd34.jpg

Step Five: Nut has been removed, now to just take off the rear window wiper. This can be a pain sometimes, it will come out but you may need to gently wiggle it to get it away from the spiral metal of the bolt.

IMG_20140105_155036_zps1ef9db0f.jpg

Step Six: Wiper now removed, you will now see a rubber cap.

IMG_20140105_155105_zps16712257.jpg

Step Seven: The Rubber cap fixes itself into position both above the boot and underneath. To remove it, simply put your finger underneath, and pull out.

IMG_20140105_155133_zps08ed33eb.jpg

Step Eight: Complete exterior part of the wiper removal is done.

IMG_20140105_155139_zps9de43bd1.jpg

Step Nine: Go to the underside of your boot lid, you will see the wiper control motor. There is four things you need to do here.

1) Remove the connectors from one another

2) Cut the cable tie away from the wire (cut the cable tie, not the wire), so it is not attached to the window motor

3) Undo all 3 nuts holding the motor into place. These are all 10mm.

IMG_20140105_155202_zps33843c95.jpg

Another photo showing the 10mm for those who dont enjoy reading.

IMG_20140105_155224_zps5bd05cdf.jpg

After all of this. You are ready to put your halfrauds rubber/plastic piece into place to cover up the hole.

IF there are any questions about this, or any other steps you would like to see, please comment below :) I am keeping my rear wiper on the car, so will always have availible for photo purposes.

Edited by ddcboyle

I shall do a boot weight guide in this topic next month, short on cash this month buying loads of stuff for the car that ive left for months >.< So ill go grab that tool from halfrauds as im sick of having to spend 20minutes trying to remove the orange clips from the actual boot when they don't come out with the plastic. Also need to take a few photos on how to get the boot trim off, as some people panic (like me) about this

Whilst im there, I need to do some other work.

Upcoming guides, and if the admin/moderators are okay with it, ill be doing a "ddcboyle guides" topic, with lots of guides inside of it, page 1 being the index. Just for the simpletons like myself, incase people prefer my guides to others. If the don't, it means I don't clog up the guides page

1) Wiper Delete / Weight remove

2) Rear Light Removal / Rear Bumper removal / Rear indicator and parking sensor removal / Rear licence plate light removal

3) Front bumper removal / Headlight removal / Front reflector removal

4) Door card removal / Wing mirror removal

5) Centre Console removal / CD Player removal

6) Boot plastic trim removal

7) P1 Service on 350z (oil and filter)

The guides will be done in the next 2months, as I have to get to all these parts to either remove the vinyl wrap, or do a modification :)

Moderators / Admin, can you get back to me on creating my own guide topic in the guides sections. Reasons above :)

Looking at doing Video DIY Guides, If I can manage to get the missus to hold the camera and not take "selfies" every 2seconds

Edited by ddcboyle