Poor radio sound quality?

Davectr

I recently bought a 2010 370z roadster (Bose, sat nav) and when listening to the radio it sounds like listening to a mobile phone (no bass at all and very tinny) even adjusting the sound settings doesn't help. But, when listening to a Cd or the music box the sound is quite good and full of bass. I've searched the forums but can't find an answer, and don't understand why it should be like this? It's spoiling the overall enjoyment of the car as I usually listen to the radio most of the time, but I'm finding that it sounds so bad I have to listen to CD's. any advice greatfully received

That's Definitely not right, I have the same car same year and the sound from my radio regardless of the input is good.

Darren-b is having a similar problem with his sound system of his 370 and is trying to sort out a fix so may be worth getting in touch with him.

If I were you I would be taking it back to the garage you bought it from and getting them to sort out the niggles.

That def isn't right, I've got the connect premium and it's one of the best oem systems I've had in any car

Iirc Darren has sorted his problem, his was similar but was low volume from the rear speakers

I'm sure he resolved this by going I to the secret menu and ran the diagnostics in there

That def isn't right, I've got the connect premium and it's one of the best oem systems I've had in any car

Iirc Darren has sorted his problem, his was similar but was low volume from the rear speakers

I'm sure he resolved this by going I to the secret menu and ran the diagnostics in there

That's what I find strange, it does sound quite good using other formats just not the radio?? I'll maybe drop Darren a PM and ask him. I know how to get into the secret menu, I'll give that a try when I get home, cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

Don't understand why but it appears that when the radio is on it is only actually playing through the tweeters at the front. Have been through everything in the secret menu and normal settings but can't get to the bottom of this. The 'speaker test' proves all the speakers are working fine, and as said previously all other formats sound great except the radio!

Any ideas anyone?