Tuning

Dicky

Do you think it’s worth taking the car along to a good tuning clinic now and again to get them to do their stuff or can’t they do very much to improve/maintain performance without adding lots of bits?

The dealers don’t appear to do any tuning during services and I was wondering if you think performance falls over a period of time.

Mines 3yrs old and I know a little tweek would keep me sharp, if I could get one these days. :D

Dicky

I doubt non nissan dealers will be able to do much to improve performance without adding bits...

Deterioration of performance should not be noticeable over the life of the current ZEDs, considering the oldest modesl 2002, if the car has been serviced and maintained correctly.

Somebody please correct me if I am wrong...but

Aside from this an effect you could notice is that the ECU learns and adjusts itself to fuel types, and driving styles, so over a period of time it will average itself to a "optimum" running mode, you might consider it a deterioration.

Dealers can connect Nissan-Consult ( diagnostics system) and they can "reset" the ECU. This will refresh the settings and start learning...if you then "give it some stick" the ECU will start learning the new fuels and driving modes and adjust to meet this new "driving style"...

And you might notice a slight improvement... but it will be short lived as normal driving will end up "averaging" the settings ...

Quite simply... if you maintain the car properly, you should not see a deterioration in performance in such a short time...

In time, engine will get dirty, seals will wear, sparks will decrease , combustion will deteriorate, air sensors will deteriorate... but this is longer term, and more difficult to prevent...

I wonder what the weight difference is between a GT Zed and a non GT Zed? I would imagine that the BOSE subwoofer is a few kgs, as would the electric motors in the leather seats. My old Zed also had the heavier standard wheels. I reckon it all adds up that my Zed is a fair few kgs lighter than my old one although I wouldn't argue with the psychological element. I'm sure theres a part to play with that also. :D

can't remember if if was ~25 or ~50KG difference, think a google search should answer yr question

edit: just checked my 2004 brochure and it states:

figures in accordance with EC directive. Kerb weight condition is without driver and including coolant, oils, fuel, spare wheel and tools. Payload will be reduced depending on the options and or accessories installed

kerb weight minimum/maximum

350Z 1525/1534 KG

350Z GT 1545/1547 KG