Leave the car running?

PS13Silvia

It's been cold here for a good while, but no frosts or snow... Yet.

How can I leave the Zed running (to warm up on cold mornings) but also lock the car?

In the past I'd set the turbo timer to longest setting, turn the car on then remove key & lock it, my Evo's Clifford Alarm has remote start which is handy but don't use it over winter, besides the engines out of it again :lol: Or if no turbo timer, use second key to lock the doors or something.

I don't live in a rough area or anything, quiet village in Shropshire, nothings happened in the 6 years I've lived here tbh, I'm just paranoid!

If u just want to warm the inside up??? In the past I have used a fan heater and extension then go back on get ready for work, have brekkie and come out to a Burning wreck

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Fixed that for you ;)

Not a good idea to leave a car running from cold, get in it, start it & drive t gently, so long as the thermostat is working correctly it won't take long to warm up, plus the heated seats in a 370 are far quicker than the 350's :)

• Like 4

Prob different on the 370, but with my 350, I start the car with the normal key and then lock the door with my second key. The second key was just an eBay jobbie and isn't coded to the car, but the blade is cut so I can lock the doors with it :)

Prob different on the 370, but with my 350, I start the car with the normal key and then lock the door with my second key. The second key was just an eBay jobbie and isn't coded to the car, but the blade is cut so I can lock the doors with it :)

That's a good idea, didn't think of that. I will try the manual key in the door lock & see what that does :thumbs:

Even if you could have the car running and not be in it, and it locked. Perhaps think of your insurance, possible they may not cover if it was stolen in this situation.

Yeah insurance won't cover it at all, checked into that few years back when first started driving. I'm a far too trusting. I remember at the RAF Cosford meet, I used my wallet as a paperweight for Ians voting box / table as it was blowing away, then just wondered off :lol:

^^ What he said.

Don't leave it warming up ~ just start & go imo. ;)

Not always easy to just go when the whole car is covered in ice & snow though!