Wilson Prostaff Golf Clubs seT- SOLD

rickya

SOLD

Just bought myself a new set of clubs today :yahoo::yahoo: & am selling by beginers Wilson Prostaff Irons Set.

These were bought by my father a few years ago who used them twice & gave up golf & have since sat in his loft! I have used them for the past 1 year & are in excellent condition, heads; shafts & grips excellent. The clubs are Wilson Prostaff with offset, oversized head, (very forgiving for off-centre hits) regular flex shaft, regular loft & length. Clubs are from Sand wedge to 3 Iron, 9 clubs plus driver. The 7-iron has been replaced with a newer Prostaff one last year.

With this I am also giving a matching Wilson bag with cover & a new Dunlop 65xi 10.5 Titanium (budget) driver. This set is ideal for beginners, if you twist my arm I might throw in a putter also!

£50 (plus whatever postage is or free collection)

Ricky :)

754224245b55eaf14e36c3963b9f567da90afb6c6e6289236fddad7a.jpg6483566176ff6d0902d277a9e5bcd2e3a4e6b2608f26fbc50dd3a184.jpg

17154183c59b23aca8f8ef0086d94edfc60c625a878d2d5a8bde601a.jpg

DRIVER ALSO INCLUDED, at home so no pic right now!

Guest prescience
I know nothing about golf :)

I am however currently having lessons :D

And I need some clubs :teeth:

Educate me and tell me exactly what clubs are included :blush:

What is being offered is fine plus you need a putter for the greens. That's 10 clubs.

You are allowed to carry up to 14 in your bag and for a beginner I'd say the 3 iron is a difficult club to hit consistently well. You'd be better off therefore also buying a couple of fairway woods (5 wood and 7 wood say) and maybe a 3 wood for off the tee (since the driver can be difficult to control for a novice also) :D

I know nothing about golf :)

I am however currently having lessons :D

And I need some clubs :teeth:

Educate me and tell me exactly what clubs are included :blush:

What is being offered is fine plus you need a putter for the greens. That's 10 clubs.

You are allowed to carry up to 14 in your bag and for a beginner I'd say the 3 iron is a difficult club to hit consistently well. You'd be better off therefore also buying a couple of fairway woods (5 wood and 7 wood say) and maybe a 3 wood for off the tee (since the driver can be difficult to control for a novice also) :D

For beginners I would of thought you'd be better of with Irons than woods, and build yourself up to play with the woods. With the woods it involves more acuratcy and a slighly different setup as the surface area is obviously alot bigger and sweet spot is smaller and harder to hit. With the irons its easier to angle and sweet spot is alot easier to hit, and projection is alot easier too,

Also if just learning get use to knowing where to place your feet, standing to far in front of the tee has a dramatic effect than standing to far back.

I think the hardest thing for me when I was learning to play was that I always wanted to overpower my swing thinking the ball would travel further when in fact is doesnt. Its all about being relaxed and getting a smooth and contant swing through without looking up too early and the ball will fly :thumbs:

Sarnie: As Prescience says it is 10 clubs & the Wilson bag. It is a beginners set as would be fine for a couple of years. The driver is a budget one & is alright to muck about with on the driving range but I would rather use a 5 or 4 iron or 3 wood instead as they are more accurate & easier for beginners than a driver. The reason the driver is harder to hit is due to the long shaft length, the longer the club the harder to hit.

Clubs you get: Sand Wedge/Pitching Wedge/Irons: 9/8/7/6/5/4/3 & driver.

The other new beginner sets on the market are Howsen/Regal/Ram/Progen & Slazenger, (all of which are all junk apart from maybe the Slazengers!) & are not as good as Wilson Prostaff IMO. Mine is pretty cheap considering the cheapest golf bag alone is 20 quid!

Will post pics in a bit :D

Zedrush: Iv been bitten by the golf bug for the last 18 months & have been playing every Saturday morning bar 4 starudays! Im also at the driving range twice during the week & have had approx 14 lessons! :wacko: This week since Saturday Iv been to the driving range 3 times & was playing at my local course last night till 9:30pm :wacko: Anyway Mrs is not too impressed, well I told its better than another woman or sitting in the pub getting pi**ed!! ;)

I have'nt got a handicap but my swing has improved a lot with lessons. My strong points are my tee-off shots especially at full swing & my chipping is quite good. Im having difficulty recently with my pitching & less than full swings. My biggest problem however which I cannot seem to get rid off is maintaining a medium/smooth tempo & swing speed. Stress/Pressure on the course caused by a mistake makes my next swing at 200mph having disasterous consequences! This never happens on the driving range, only on the course. I am very consistent on the driving range but eratic on the course :dry: Also (ps sorry for boring non golfers :teeth:) the other main problem Im having on the course is tension leading to tense/stiff wrists & hands. This causes a very late wrist release/uncock on the through swing (or complete no release, where wrist comes through impact first & still cocked back) causing horrible slices!!!! did thatlast night :angry:

Definetley Jay :D You must be pretty good now?

Any tips for not swinging like a looney all of a sudden, no tempo, just eratic, superfast tense rubbish swing that always seems to creep into my game!

Im not that great mate my dad has a 12 handicap which aint bad. I dont think I have one if I did probably be 18. With golf it all depends on your mood, if you are have a bad day in your private life it will reflect in your golf, yet if you are having a great day again it will reflect. Ive had days where ive played the perfect game and my life couldnt be better then had days where i wanna give up all together.

Thats why pro's like Tiger have lessons in how to self hypnotise so they can focus and keep their momentum up even after a bad shot.

Its a mental game and after 18holes of playing seriously thats what exhausts you. But playing fun, and its really enjoyable :thumbs:

Snap Rickya! I am pretty good at the driving range but inconsistant on the course. I think teeing off could be helped by getting a consistant tee height, for me anyway!

My putting is also crap! In fact most of my game is crap but I really enjoy it.

One great shot can make up for a bad round.

It's fantastic up here for golf. Cheap too compared to other places.

My folks went down to St Andrews Bay hotel today so my dad will be playing St Andrews tomorrow. Lucky, lucky man!

It's fantastic up here for golf. Cheap too compared to other places.

My folks went down to St Andrews Bay hotel today so my dad will be playing St Andrews tomorrow. Lucky, lucky man!

Wow! One day! Well i have played on it many times.........on Tiger Woods Golf 06 on my PS2!! :wacko:

Prices in & around London are expensive. I usually play on public courses & occasionaly play on more expensive prvt club courses. What clubs you using Stew?

I have Callaway X18s irons and Taylor Made R7 driver, fairway wood and rescue club. I also have a fancy pants 3 ball (r whatever) putter.

The clubs are all cutom made cloned clubs though. So very good value for money. My dad has genuine callaways and can't tell the difference!

Excellent B)

R7 driver is v long & fancy 3 ball putter, nice B)

Im using a mallet (budget putter); a Wilson 64 degreee lob wedge; dont use a driver & have stopped using my 3 wood recently. :scare:

Iv just bought a set of expensive Adams Golf Irons (Steel shafts) from 60 lob wedge to 4 iron. (4 iron has graphite Aldila Shaft) I want to try & use my new 4 iron & Nike Hybrid recue club (4/5 iron replacement) instead of a 3 wood. Once my swing becomes more consistent & accurate then Im gona start using my 3 wood again.