Diff bushings gone?

:RedZed:

I've been to TGM for a service today, I mentioned to Tom a knocking\banging when changing gear under load and asked him to see if he could find it. He said he's checked everything at the back end and the only possible culprit is the bushes for the diff. He used a pry bar and showed me the movement and it did seem quite a lot (although I've not seen a 'good' car to compare to), his only reservation was that he said he's not had to do them on a 350z before and doesn't believe it to be a common issue. The car is a 2008 65k mile car, has anyone else had this issue and was it the diff bushes?

Should I source new bushes from Nissan or would poly versions be better?

As a side note - If you live in the South East, you need to be using TGM for your car servicing\mods\repairs, they are brilliant and excellent value for money!

I had the same problem but was easy to diagnose as the main bush into the subframe was leaking oil, contacted Nissan and they won't sell the bushes has to be the whole rear subframe which is crazy!

I went for the whiteline solid bush kit the mechanic said it wasn't to bad to fit and noticed a little difference when it was first fitted with quicker response when applying some right foot

I have changed All bushes on my car to polyurethane and though the factory rubber bush are mushy and designed for comfort the only perished bushes were the various suspension arms in board and out board bushes with the banana arm being the worst. The rear subframe and diff bushes had only age related changes but they fail eventually. Tell tale black silicon goo oozing from the rear diff bush👀

Without a doubt swapping to poly bushes makes a hell of a difference to the handling so go for it.

It's easy, cheap and you can DIY with help from at least one person.

Edited by GT4 Zed

This is a fairly common issue now, we stock the Whiteline poly bush kit for £76.74 and have sold quite a few http://www.clarkmoto...and-rear/KDT911

Drop me a PM if I can help

Thank you, I'll be in touch in the new year!

shire, GT4 - Mine are definitely not leaking, there just seems to be a lot of play. I assume in their current state they could be 'on their way out' and the leaking can\will start at any point?