Advice needed

Steely

Hi All,

I need some advice on lowering and spacing.

I am working abroad just now and through my dad I am having my zed lowered and spaced.

I have bough 30mm eibach lowering springs and read camber arms as well as 25mm rear and 20mm front spacers to go with standard 18" touring wheels.

They have been fitted to the car but my dads garrage (a friend of his) is saying that the spacers wont work and will need to come off, can anyone think why, I havenet spoken to him yet as I am offshore? From reading posts on here I though people had the same set up.

We are also having trouble having the wheels aligned in the West Dumbartonshire area as they will either not touch the car as it has been modified or are saying their equipment wont fit over the wheels which I find strange, anyone had this issue?

I have attached a pic of how it sits now.

Any help would be much appreciated.

post-19038-0-03251400-1386814397_thumb.gif

Cheers

Steely

Some alignment kits use prongs that sit over the top of the wheels. Since your car is lowered they will physically not fit under the arch, same as mine. So its time to get a 2x4, measuring tape and a spirit level and align it the old school way. Any decent tyre place worth their salt will be able to do this :thumbs:

BTW - I'm assuming your dad thinks the spacers make the wheels poke out too much and will rub the arches, they might, so get them rolled for about £60-£80 to be on the safe side.

• Like 1

The lip inside the arch is pretty close to the tyre wall, one big pothole and you could slit the tyre wall. With the lip rolled upwards into the arch you won't have an issue.

I did it the ghetto way with an angle grinder and a hammer. I cut slits into the lip and then bent each tab up into the arch using a heat gun to keep the paint supple.

• Like 1

Its a pain trying to do this through emails so I really have no idea why he thinks they wont work, now I.m thinking maybe he means I cannot align the spacers on but surely you wouldn't set a car up then fit spacers (change the set up).

@KyleR I think that could be the case. Does anyone else have issues taking their car to local garages and they are not interested in working on it, was a hassle to get my springs and spacers fitted?

@AliveBoy I cannot image myself doing that and the outcome being a good one!

When you have rolled arches it only affects the lip or does it widen the body a little?

I will be looking at getting them rolled to be on the safe side but I was under the impression that with 18 touring wheels I would be OK. Suppose this is what happens when you start modding, you change something that requires you to change something else and next thing your pricing superchargers!

Cheers

When you have rolled arches it only affects the lip or does it widen the body a little?

I will be looking at getting them rolled to be on the safe side but I was under the impression that with 18 touring wheels I would be OK. Suppose this is what happens when you start modding, you change something that requires you to change something else and next thing your pricing superchargers!

Cheers

All rolling the arches does is folds the lip safely out of the way.

You can get the lip flared which would widen the arches :)