My trip to Abbey

wizurd

Small update.

Thanks to Scott for all the pics that i wanted of the underneath since she's having the hfc's fitted.

Couple of pics of the hfc's fitted and also just the general condition of the underneath of the car. Gotta be said i'm really happy with the look of it since i'd expected way more corrosion/rust since the cars knocking on nearly 8 years old now. Even the W brace is fairly spotless :)

P1000081.jpg

General front end pic - new hks oil filter :)

Right HFC

P1000075.jpg

Left hfc

P1000074.jpg

My dirty box lol

P1000076.jpg

Will be getting right under her and polishing that up when i get her back

My surprisingly clean W brace

P1000079.jpg

And a full length shot

P1000080.jpg

Sorry if these are a bit boring, just chuffed she's looking so clean underneath considering :)

More updates as i get them and fingers crossed the review on the driving difference once i get her back

• Like 1

Cheers dude :) I know does look good considering the weather underneath. Got a few more bits that need doing on top of the service but then that's to be expected.

is the weather different up above then ?

Lol maybe it has been replaced but would have been a few years back. Leonk didn't have it done as far as I'm aware. Although might be wrong lol.

@ ioneabee Damn right I cannot wait!

Looking good considering it's getting on for 8 years old as you say. I know which bit you mean now lol ! The big letter "W", I took it off rubbed it down and painted it with satin smoothrite. I was considering having it waxoyled or something underneath but as it never went out in the rain never got round to it. Can't wait for your update on how it drives :thumbs:

Edit, what did the dyno show and did you ever get round to fitting the later airbox inlet coversion kit?

Edited by leonk

Ahhh. I wondered why it looked so good. May well look at wax oil then. Would that be on all the underneath or just that 2 brace then? Want to do wax oil inside the rear arches. By all accounts they can rust from the inside out due to a build up of dirt. Timmy tuck mentioned that to me while we were chatting at abbey.

Ahhh. I wondered why it looked so good. May well look at wax oil then. Would that be on all the underneath or just that 2 brace then? Want to do wax oil inside the rear arches. By all accounts they can rust from the inside out due to a build up of dirt. Timmy tuck mentioned that to me while we were chatting at abbey.

I was thinking of getting the whole of the underside done. There was a post at the time which recommended something better than waxoil. I suppose getting the the various cavities done would help as well. I know when I started the Jag, www.rust.co.uk came recommended and I have since bought stuff from them.

I've just been reading. People are saying to make sure the surface is dry otherwise you can trap moisture against the body work. Is that right? Paranoid now and would like to get it done to prevent any rusting

Yeh, that seems to be the key. From what I've read, the best people to do it are a bodyshop so that the car can be dried out in a heated booth first. Also it helps if its's warm as the wax/oil goes on thinner and gets into all the hard to get areas. I'm sure the guys at Abbey could advise.