My trip to Abbey

wizurd

Cracking day so far.

Got up early (not early enough though as per), then rushed down to Abbey to drop the car off for her service "plus".

The "plus" being:

Fitting Wasso's gold plenum spacer

HEL brake lines (new type)

Berk HFC's

UPRev

Good to meet Scott plus another member from the forum who's name i cannot for the life of me remember. He was down there from Shrewsbury i believe having his car dyno'd for the first time since he had to rebuild the engine after a failure with the oil rings i believe. When i left he was still waiting for the results so fingers crossed its not down on power and all is well.

Easy enough place to find, plenty of other cars around the car park outside the garage:

A few 350z's

I think i spotted a skyline

2 GT86's that i spotted

Back in South wales then by 3:30pm. Not bad considering i hate public transport lol Since when did trains have tv's on the backs of the seats as well????

Seriously cannot wait now till next weekend when (all going well) i'll be able to pick the car up and see what this UPRev is all about :D

Early morning start, on a saturday! urghhhh

20131207_074241.jpg

Things to remember: plenum spacer, fitting kit, nissan service book and the all important locking wheel nut in the envelope

20131207_074300.jpg

The nice shiny new Berk HFC's :) couldn't get a good picture and didn't want to take them out of the bag and get them dirty lol Stupid considering they'll be covered in road muck by this time next week

20131207_103336.jpg

My azure sat waiting for some tlc this week

20131207_110318.jpg

My only "moment" was as i was on the M25 and saw black liquid starting to stream over my wing mirror. Then saw the same on the passenger side and could see it hitting the door handles.

Pulled over. Some black streaks around the front wheel arches and also a bit of it on the rear arches. Instantly thought i was dropping a shed load of oil. Had a good look underneath, nothing. No smoking and no oil explosions within the engine bay. Checked the oil on the dip stick (as much as you can once the engines been ran) and while i couldn't tell exactly where the level was it had been fine when i set off and there still seemed to be plenty on there. No oil pressure issues and no low oil lights.

Once i'd got to Abbey Scott came out and had a look. Didn't think it was anything bad, probably just crap from the road on the way down. I couldn't help but assume the worse though so i'm glad Scott had a look.

Sooooo i'll give an update next week when i hopefully pick her up and i can add my views on the difference that the UPRev gives.

Christmas come early!! :D

Great pics, Can't wait for the update. Did you ever find out what the black liquid was. I would have been just like you thinking the worst!

Well I'd had a good look around. Scott had a look. Both of us wiped some of it off and smelt the liquid. Didn't smell like oil. Just looked a hell of a lot like it. Thing is oil in the car is a darkish brown. This was black. Plus any oil leak I would have expected to have some fairly strong smells in the engine bay and I'd had a good look around when I'd pulled over in the service station. Let's just say I'll be happy when the service is done and she's all ok lol.

How long did it take you then wizurd to get down there? Just curious as I'm hoping to make the trip myself one day next year when I've built up some more funds. :D

Subscribed. :thumbs:

Took me about 2 hours and 20mins. Had to stop because of the suspect black liquid so that added some on. It was an easy run. No really heavy traffic. Simple as well. Down m4 on the m25 south, off at junction 6 and head towards Oxted. Getting back on the train was simple as well. Worth it I think when I see all the 350's they had down there and all the memorabilia and parts in the office lol. Better than just a standard garage that knows nothing about the zed.

Edited by wizurd

Getting back on the train was simple as well. Worth it I think when I see all the 350's they had down there and all the memorabilia and parts in the office lol. Better than just a standard garage that knows nothing about the zed.

In good hands there by all accounts, It's where I would have taken it.

How long did it take you then wizurd to get down there? Just curious as I'm hoping to make the trip myself one day next year when I've built up some more funds. :D

Took me about 2 hours and 20mins. Had to stop because of the suspect black liquid so that added some on. It was an easy run. No really heavy traffic. Simple as well. Down m4 on the m25 south, off at junction 6 and head towards Oxted. Getting back on the train was simple as well. Worth it I think when I see all the 350's they had down there and all the memorabilia and parts in the office lol. Better than just a standard garage that knows nothing about the zed.

Cool, ...so that's the time to beat. :lol:;)

Seriously though looked on google maps before and it told me 2hrs 45mins from Cardiff so was hoping it wouldn't be that long as I'm not too much of a fan of long drives. Although I think I might enjoy the long drives more in the Zed now than I did in my previous car an EP3 Civic Type R. :D

Cool, ...so that's the time to beat. :lol:;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by ioneabee

Ow! That's not good. I've not had a problems with the zeds. What I do find though is that obviously as traffic increases I come off the cruise control. As ya should I guess.

I was in traffic on the motorway but not that heavy down to Le Mans, coach in front slowed , I touched the brakes to disengage the cruise

nothing happened..hit the brakes again NOTHING, so by this time the coach had stopped and we had not...!

(later the car hire company found that the disengage switch on the brakes was faulty.) :scare: :scare:

Ow! That's not good. I've not had a problems with the zeds. What I do find though is that obviously as traffic increases I come off the cruise control. As ya should I guess.

I was in traffic on the motorway but not that heavy down to Le Mans, coach in front slowed , I touched the brakes to disengage the cruise

nothing happened..hit the brakes again NOTHING, so by this time the coach had stopped and we had not...!

(later the car hire company found that the disengage switch on the brakes was faulty.) :scare: :scare:

Sound's nasty & scary too WhackyWill. :scare: Hope you weren't hurt at all.

Sound's nasty & scary too WhackyWill. :scare: Hope you weren't hurt at all.

No were were all fine , I did bash my knee on the bulkhead and had a big bruise for a while ,

but made a mess of our Renault hire car. :scare: :scare: