Squeal like noise when starting up?

sam350z2013

Hi everyone,

Wanted some advice :) when starting my car up, sometimes I get this weird squeal noise that comes for a few seconds and then disappears.

Has anyone experienced this or got any idea of what this is before I take it to a garage?

Thank for any input, much appreciated ðŸ‘ðŸ˜

It's most likely as said - the belts. It's something to do with the increased use of the electrics such as demisters, heaters, lights etc, as the nights are longer and the weather is colder, I find a squirt of WD40 onto/into the alternator usually fixes it. But it IS also a good idea to check that the condition and tightness of your belts is ok too.

Thanks for the advice ... And yesss my bad, i was in a rush and posted in wrong section 😅

I had my belts replaced not too long ago by a garage, maybe they over/under tightened... :/

If they have recently been replaced it sounds like the tension just needs checked and tightened, a new belt can stretch slightly after being used for a short time