350Z better than Z4 coupe

Trev-the-Rev

EVO magazine this month have put the 07MY zed up against the Z4 3.0 coupe. And whilst they rate the Z4 very highly, the ZED comes out on top in all areas.

The new engine gets their vote and as they state, "The 350's new V6 feels good for every last one of its 309bhp." On the Millbrook mile straight the Zed recorded a 0-100mph of 13 secs dead which is quicker than the Monaro VXR.

They recon the Zed feels better on the road than the Z4, is faster and is ultimately better value for money. IMO, their final summary says it all - "if you really want to drive, the 350Z is unquestionably more capable, inspiring and ultimately, faster over all typres of road."

Take note Digsy ;)

Guest prescience
I'd have a Z4M.... :thumbs:

Over the new MY07 Kev?

Absolutely, hate the bonnet bulge of thhe MY07. The Z4M engine is a peach.... :thumbs:

:wacko: are you comparing the bonnet bulge with the engine ;)

the reason that they have done the comparison is that the 2 cars are closely matched in price; the Z4M is £10k more. I'd have an Aston over a Mondeo :D

Over the new MY07 Kev?

Absolutely, hate the bonnet bulge of thhe MY07. The Z4M engine is a peach.... :thumbs:

Would like to test drive the new zed though with the new engine, then try the bmw. :thumbs:

Funnily enough I was looking round a Z4M last night and it struck me as a bloody ugly looking thing... :wacko:

Not struck on it myself....I drive past the local Bmw dealer often, and i am always tempted to go test drive something, and test the arroggance of the BMW salesmen that i have heard about at my local dealer :thumbs:

Over the new MY07 Kev?

Would like to test drive the new zed though with the new engine, then try the bmw. :thumbs:

Im tempted to test drive a new Z but im afraid to incase I end up wanting one :blush:

On the Millbrook mile straight the Zed recorded a 0-100mph of 13 secs dead which is quicker than the Monaro VXR.

Hmm, I can't quite get that into my head. I just sold a Monaro VXR and there was no comparison to a Zed, it would leave one standing. Unless maybe they are talking about a 5.7 ( 354 bhp ) and not a 6.0 ( 403 ).

Very strange.

On the Millbrook mile straight the Zed recorded a 0-100mph of 13 secs dead which is quicker than the Monaro VXR.

Hmm, I can't quite get that into my head. I just sold a Monaro VXR and there was no comparison to a Zed, it would leave one standing. Unless maybe they are talking about a 5.7 ( 354 bhp ) and not a 6.0 ( 403 ).

Very strange.

Yes, sorry Dan, it was the the 6 litre 377bhp model.

Dan, results are sometimes odd. Some cars feel quicker than they are and some cars give devestating figures when they really don't feel that quick!

The Z4 isn't my cup of tea at all looks wise. The M engine is superb though.

Tyres can make a big difference on standing quarter, even road tyres. Even the street cars when drag racing use slicks

PS: Just wtaching Extreme Channel on Sky and saw a Top Fuel at last years FIA Drag Racing final do a 4.7 secs... :scare: