Creaking when wheel turned right...

downhuman

Evening chaps,

Recently the zed was serviced and part of the work done was to source some irritating noises - one was front drop links, the other was the milltek banging slightly on the rear 'brace' thing.

OF course, thinking all the noises had been sorted, a new one developed today and it is hard to explain.

When driving there is a clicky groany noise when turning corners - I've managed to replicate it every time by pulling the steering wheel right when it was straight - and sounds like old floorboards creaking.

Any ideas? Banana arm bush?

Cheers

R

Correctamundo. I had the same thing and my banana arm on the drivers side had totally separated from the bush despite me hearing the noise over on the passenger side.

I drive for about 8 months with the noise though :blush:

Just bought the bush kit from Alex, I assume Clark Motorsport so the same kit, was around £80 for one bush for each side, two cone shaped things and two nuts iirc :)

omg its perfect

?

? indeed

Yeah definitely sounds like the banana arm bushing :)

Il take clark motorsport up on that fantastic price and get the two bushes, cone thingy and the nut, take it to a nice garage and get them both swapped over. Only took Kaizer about an hour to do them both when I had mine swapped.

Yeah definitely sounds like the banana arm bushing :)

Il take clark motorsport up on that fantastic price and get the two bushes, cone thingy and the nut, take it to a nice garage and get them both swapped over. Only took Kaizer about an hour to do them both when I had mine swapped.

Chris, your prolly talking about the banana arm ball joint, because the bush does not require a seating cone and nut.

Swapped my banana arm out recently so there.

And why you driving to Kent again, banana bush was swapped at locally at Autofit, took less than an hour.

Naa was definitely the bush, big chunk of rubber with a metal band around the edge.

I believe the nut and cone were to replace the ones fitted to the car as Alex always used to recommend replacing them if you remove the arm.

Fancied a drive ;) Did try to book locally but couldn't find anywhere that would do it.

I think i have the same problem with my car. Nissan want 3 weeks wages for both arms so I've looked on ebay about found a pair - 2811223660873

Is this what I need?

Yes that's the compression arm or banana arm as its also known. They are not genuine Nissan parts though, we can supply the genuine arm at £249 per side :)

Exactly the same as mine, arm was clanging around and needed a bit of reshaping due to wear on the edges of the hole where the bush sits. Glad you found it quickly, luckily the bush isn't that expensive and labour doesn't take that long either :thumbs: