Lowering front more (Eibach springs)

SamN

Hi guys,

I fitted a set of Eibach springs to my 350Z and in general I'm happy with the way the car sits. I'm used to coilovers on my other cars but thought I'd try lowering springs with this one to see if I can cope without slamming it!

I like the arch gap to be similar front and rear but the rear sits nicely and there is a bit more arch gap on the front. Is there any way I could get the front down 10mm or so more without fitting coilovers?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Sam

• 4 weeks later...

I know with the beemers you can get different thickness of spring seat for the rears. I was just hoping there was some sort of trick like this for the Zeds!

Obviously I could get slimmer tyres or smaller wheels but it's the arch gap I don't like, not the actual ride height, as that's ok.

Just follow the Punto / Corsa teen scrotes....lob 10mm of the spring height with a grinder!!

No.

Best way IMO is to fit 40 profile tyres. Front and back. Makes the car look so so so much better.

That won't help the look I'm after. I want to close the arch gap, and lower profile tyres will do the opposite!

I'll just leave it for now I guess and maybe go for coilovers, just don't want a harder ride on this one!

Just follow the Punto / Corsa teen scrotes....lob 10mm of the spring height with a grinder!!

Definitely not going to happen :)

Oh well.....

Seriously though - check that the springs are seated correctly. I had 10mm extra on one side of my Evo after suspension change. My mate had done one side, I did the other.....and the daft bugger hadn't seated the spring correctly.

I'm not saying that is the case....but never really heard people complain about ride height on Eibachs - other than its too low and scrapes.