350z rear quarter panel

DDay

Hi, dose anyone know what a new rear quarter panel (passenger side) will cost? or if anyone is breaking any 350z? I need a few parts however unsure yet to what is repairable and whats needs replacing however the rear quarter i would say needs replacing. Also if anyone knows of a really good panel beater and spray shop that would be good. i'am located in kent (Medway towns area). Thanks.

It is not a straight bolt on job as the top is welded on.

You are looking at £550+ from a Nissan dealer.

But they are cheaper on ebay and breakers.

Only problem is they ask you were you want it cut off as they use a grinder.

And you have to make sure its cut right.

Only sure fire thing is you get them to cut it as far up as possible.

• Like 1

that's what i feared with second hand, someone cutting it out wrong. I am hoping I am wrong and a panel beater can repair it, but i have my doubts. As the rear wheel took a knock and something is damaged with the suspension, I cant drive it to have a body shop look at it atm.

Where are you based DDay.

See here for an example of a rear quarter transplant.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/75521-rt-performances-build-on-wassos-car-heres-how-we-did-it/

I wouldn't recommend transplanting a used rear quarter unless it's both layers which needs transplanting in which you can get a clip from the salvage.

But if it's just the outer skin, it is more then likely going to warp or get damaged when removing the single skin off the donor car.

In honesty if your salvage yard is willing to remove just the outer skin, it'll probably cost less to buy a new one because taking it off is a time consuming job.

At the end of the day it depends on finances.

There are some really cheap nasty kits from Asia flooding the UK atm.

So unless your prepared to invest a few grand or more then fine.

Remember that the going rate to fit and paint each body part is £300 minimum.

So that has to be factured in your budget.

Thanks for the reply's, I think ill stay with standard arches as don't fancy cutting out the good arch as well lol. silly question were there any design changes over the year with the 350z regarding the doors as someone is selling a 2007 door and i have 2004, i didn't think there was but better off looking silly and asking you guys then spending out on a door that becomes useless to me. All this trouble and cost thanks to a hit and run driver :(

Thanks for the reply's, I think ill stay with standard arches as don't fancy cutting out the good arch as well lol. silly question were there any design changes over the year with the 350z regarding the doors as someone is selling a 2007 door and i have 2004, i didn't think there was but better off looking silly and asking you guys then spending out on a door that becomes useless to me. All this trouble and cost thanks to a hit and run driver :(

The inside of the door, ie the door card is different but you could swap your old one over or upgrade the other side too, otherwise I believe they're the same :)