what car ramps/

JohnUKVetteNut

Hi Folks

I am now thinking of anti rusting the underneath of my import JDM...was never done when brought in, and showing some rust signs. As winter is approaching it would be the ideal time.

My question is to "what ramp width" do I need allow wide wheels to run up ok? My tyres are 245 wide but the only ramps i can see are up to 200 wide?

Anyone help me choose please? I already have the ramp extenders ( early xmas pressie!) for low front end to run up ok.

Cheers JohnUKVetteNut

Yes. I could do that but I have not got a low height trolley jack, and as I had an unhappy experience with a car on axlestands( my previous car was a Corvette) and I managed to get 2 front axlestands under it then attempted to jack up the rear on the diff ( bad idea as I found out)and it nearly got where i could slip the axlestands under and it slipped sideways.....caught my foot and then both the front axlestands twisted and the car just slid off and trapped the axlestands under itself. All I got was a bruised shin and very damaged ego!! Luckily car was ok, so thats why I was trying to go the ramps way!!

Long story but that explains my preference for ramps.

JohnUKVetteNut

Yes DBlock you are righ,t but I had the jack on the diff housing to lift both rear wheels at the same time and it slipped sideways off the circular diff housing as I was attempting to put the first axle stand under the rear end, then the front stands twisted and all just went wrong after that. I guess that the front axle stands I had were a very narrow "footprint" base. I then replaced them with wide base stands but now reluctant to stands at all!!! The large plastic ones( thanks GMballistic) look very stable but I am trying to find out their dimensions!

Again thanks for responses guys.

JohnUKVetteNut

Yes DBlock you are righ,t but I had the jack on the diff housing to lift both rear wheels at the same time and it slipped sideways off the circular diff housing as I was attempting to put the first axle stand under the rear end, then the front stands twisted and all just went wrong after that. I guess that the front axle stands I had were a very narrow "footprint" base. I then replaced them with wide base stands but now reluctant to stands at all!!! The large plastic ones( thanks GMballistic) look very stable but I am trying to find out their dimensions!

Again thanks for responses guys.

JohnUKVetteNut

If you scroll down the page on that Amazon advert it states;

Technical Details

• Car Ramps
  • Black
  • Length 90cm
  • Height: 17cm
  • Width: 30cm ;)