Xenon headlights not levelling

brother_david

Hi, bought a UK 350Z GT with OEM Xenon headlights but they arent self levelling when i turn ignition on, first off, do the UK ones do this? If so, would you happen to have any tips for what might be the problem, already checked the Brown plug for the sensor at the rear axle but i dont know if theres also any relays or fuses to be checked. The headlights turn on as they should, without a hazzle. Thanks, David

Nope. Theres a little rod by the rear passenger wheel. One end connected a sensor and one to some other piece of metal connected to the suspension (very technical, I assure you! lol).

When you load up the boot, the sensor readings change as this little rod pivots, it then auto adjusts the correct amount when you start the car.

HTH :)

I didn't know this lol

My lights have always been Sh1t and just seem not to point high enough. . .

This is common on lowered cars as the sensor moves as though the boots fully loaded and dips the lights down to prevent them pointing into the sky.

You can manually adjust them up by adjusting the screws on the back of the fitting. It can be quite diddly to get them even.

Park towards a wall and mark the light level with chalk. Adjust them up the same at both sides and mark with Chalk. Measure the distance between the two marks and make sure this is even at both sides.